US mail grrrrrrrrrr

Old 09-28-2011, 11:41 AM

Expect A LOT more of this as they shut down postal service. If they charged a regular rate for all that junk that goes through the system, they wouldn't be going broke.................
Old 09-28-2011, 12:05 PM

Mona Lisa - I totally agree with you. I am so sick of that junk mail. I understand that if you mark "return to sender", then the person (company) that sent it has to pay return postage. Anyone know if this is true or not.
I know of a person that tears return cards out of magazine, like subscription cards, and she wouldn't write anything on the card - just stick it in the mail.

Do I understand that a mail carrier's starting pay is about $19.00 per hour and $23.00 after 3 years.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:25 PM

I have never had any problems with USPS. I use them all the time to send things from my home in E Texas to Portland Oregon and Seattle Washington. Their service is timely and if they say it will get there on a certain date, it does. I must be lucky I guess.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:27 PM

Junk mail or "Bulk Business" mail is sent third class and usually cannot be returned if undeliverable. It is basically one-way mail at a discount. The Post Office goes through it to make sure there is no first class mail included and then disposes of it. The only exception is if there is an endorsement line somewhere on the envelope that allows the company sending it to receive an updated address for a fee.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dodee
Mona Lisa - I totally agree with you. I am so sick of that junk mail. I understand that if you mark "return to sender", then the person (company) that sent it has to pay return postage. Anyone know if this is true or not.
I know of a person that tears return cards out of magazine, like subscription cards, and she wouldn't write anything on the card - just stick it in the mail.

Do I understand that a mail carrier's starting pay is about $19.00 per hour and $23.00 after 3 years.
Not sure if other areas are otherwise, but my carrier said that if it is a junk piece return to sender it goes in the trash!
Old 09-28-2011, 02:06 PM

My mail carrier is the best. He is so friendly, always asks about the family. He missed a piece of mail the other day and brought it back to our house on his own time after he got off work. When I told him that it was really nice of him, but that he didn't have to make a special trip back, he told me that he brought it back because he figured that I needed it. (He knew it was my youngest daughter's birthday and that it was my child support check.) Now that's above and beyond duty!!
Old 09-28-2011, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by DebsShelties
Originally Posted by Crafty1
Woohoo! Happy for you!
Me too, still somewhat frustrating, it is still stating out for delivery - geesh.
lol
now the other one that is in Memphis lol wonder how long and where it will travel to get here.
Those records do not show immediately. They are sent electronically and are updated overnight.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Aurora
Originally Posted by DebsShelties
Originally Posted by Crafty1
Woohoo! Happy for you!
Me too, still somewhat frustrating, it is still stating out for delivery - geesh.
lol
now the other one that is in Memphis lol wonder how long and where it will travel to get here.
Those records do not show immediately. They are sent electronically and are updated overnight.
This package is now back in North Carolina lol, it's been traveling.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:27 PM

Someone should send this whole blog to the postmaster general, I understand he/she makes 850,000 a year. Certainly overpaid. We have a mail person that is so lazy that it erks me just to see her.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:31 PM

I'm going thru an adjustment phase myself. After moving, I'm not sure when I should be getting my mail. Any time between 2 pm and 5:30 so far. I've seen 3 different mailmen. Call the post office and ask to speak to the floor manager and see if the box 'forgot' to make it to the truck for delivery. It happens. It always happens when you want the package yesterday.