Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vacuum help needed

I have an Oreck, it does a good job. I use a small shop vac most of the time. Picks up cat hairs and litter. I like a dust mop for wood floors. No way could I live without a canister vac. I vacuum out the heat vents, other up right vacs and tons of other things. Uprights just can't do everything.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I totally loathed my Dyson. I sold it on eBay. I have a Shark now and it is so much better ... not to mention cheaper.
    Pat

Love my Dyson. First day I had it I vacuumed carpet that had already been vacuumed with a Hoover and couldn't believe the amount of extra 'stuff' it picked up. Had a Shark Steamer and took it back, it wasn't a good quality. Maybe their vacuums are better but I wouldn't bother taking a chance.

I have a shark and love it. have used a Dyson and like it, but a little heavy for my taste, for the money I say Shark all the way

Dyson.

I replaced soooo many vacuums over the years - they all broke in one way or another after about 3 years. I finally bought a Dyson (despite my husbands protestations over the cost) because it has a longer warranty than any other vacuum.

Read the warranty's. There is a reason Dyson costs more, and there is a reason it has a longer warranty.

Shark has a 1 year warranty.
    Dyson has a 5 year warranty.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Blog Entries
    I had a Kenmore canister vac for probably 20-25 years. The one I have now is around 12 years old. My daughter and daughter-in-law both have the Shark. I think I see the problem y'all are having with vacs - you're using them too much. lol
    TwandasMom

My 16 year old son bought me a cordless Dyson for Christmas one year. He was only working part time at the moment and it was a lot of money for him to spend. I am so disappointed with it. The battery gave up after only three weeks. However, Dyson replaced it with no questions asked.

The head of the vacuum is not very big and it does not pick up a lot of stuff most vacuum cleaners usually handle with ease. The roller brush in the head of the vacuum gets jammed up with my daughter's hair so I am constantly taking the roller out and have to cut the hair out of the brush.

It's ok for picking up dust but apart from that, I would steer clear of them. In my opinion, they are not worth the big price tag.

Blog Entries
    I bought a shark and then realized how much I hate bagless vacuums. Returned it and ordered a Hoover Windtunnel bagged and I'm much happier.

Just wanted to share this with you incase your interested

http://www.groupon.com/browse/san-di...A&locale=en_US

Also I had an oreck before my dyson really liked it at first, but it wore out way too fast.
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

Wow...thanks for all the input. I will try them in the store and see what Kohls says about their return policy. They have been great about returns in the past, so I assume that they won't have a problem with it.
    -Teri from Minne-sn*w-ta

Dyson all the way...the Shark is a waste of money. And Dyson's customer service is the best in the industry.

Blog Entries
    I have a dyson, looove it! It is not heavy , i bought each kid of mine a dyson and they are heavier! I have a bad back and can use the dyson and dont want to cry halfway through! Picks up tons of stuff but havent had any carpet fibers in brush so I am lucky! I bought mine on goodwill.com auction site so got it 1\3 of the price.

I have always loved a canister vacuum. Have a Kenmore now and it's O.K., but had decided that when necessary I will bite the bullet and get a Dyson. Son just recently did all of the online research on the Dyson and Shark and ended up going with the Shark. He thinks that it's great. We'll see how long it lasts. If he continues to have good things to say about it, I might get one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2