Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Veggie garden upday and my Daylilies too!

Blog Entries
    AND....here we go!!! :roll: ... :shock: Just had a mental image of one of our cows flipping head over tail over the moon with just a peek of long spoon handle out of the corner of my eye :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    AND....here we go!!! :roll: ... :shock: Just had a mental image of one of our cows flipping head over tail over the moon with just a peek of long spoon handle out of the corner of my eye :shock:
    Patti, the reason you've only got a peek, is bc that is K's 'moon'*, that is shining so brightly, you can't see well! 8)

Blog Entries
    Wow!! It's lush!! I love the zinnias!! Great job!!

Blog Entries
    Karla, this is my first year to add the Zinnias to the veggie garden and I love them there! I can't believe how many bees they have attracted to the garden, maybe thats why I have weird corn stalks growing out of the top of my corn! Its really nice to have so much of something pretty to cut and bring in the house too!

Quote Originally Posted by Loretta
    Beautiful gardens. 400 Daylilies is a lot of planting! WOW! they sure are beautiful!
    yes, when she said 400, I was thinking, man, what a lot of work...but, then...400 beautiful flowers blooming...if you could keep cows out!
    Maybe put some chicken wire, behind them? but my canna lilies used to grow really tall...well, was a thought :wink:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ohhh Patti, your garden is beautiful. Do me a favor and eat a tomato wit the sun still on it for me! And corn. In one of the other posts you guys were talking about sweet corn and I missed my grandpa so much I could cry. He grew the best sweet corn. He too grew Ambrosia, and one called Honey and Cream, and one called Silver Streak (I think). They were the very best!!! Grandma would put the water on to boil as he headed out to pick the corn.

He also grew more than 500 tomato plants from seed every year and staked and suckered each one. He had these gorgeous heirloom low acid pink ones that were soooooooo good, especially with the sun on them (the best way to eat a tomato in my never to be humble opinion). I really miss him.

Blog Entries
    I know Loretta...it just about killed us to plant them all, but we had to!! They were free!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2