verizion wireless service

Old 07-17-2011, 08:14 AM

Has anyone out there with verizion been having issues with calles not going through or not getting calls?For two weeks I have had problems making calls.I dial and it won't have a ring tone,after two or three tries it finaly connects.someone will call me ,my phone doesn't ring..tech service said they have had some complaints,when they have enough complaints they will push it up to top priorty,I live in Indiana
Old 07-17-2011, 08:17 AM

Not here, but then again no one calls anyways........haha

Reception out in the forest is something to be desired here. At our old house you had to stand in the mudroom/entryway to get any type of good reception.

Sometimes we do had a few second lapse between the time you hit send and it actually rings. But other than that no issues at all.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:21 AM

I first thought it was my phone,but my neighbor has a new i-phone and she is having the same problem
Old 07-17-2011, 08:26 AM

Maybe a cell tower is down. I wonder how far spread the issue is?
Old 07-17-2011, 08:27 AM

I have Verizon wireless and can't use my cell phone unless I go outside and stand at the southeast corner of the deck, even then I have very poor reception.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:37 AM
Power Poster

Not Verizon, but I had this problem with Virgin Mobile. After years of good service, my dd and I realized that we were missing calls. A *lot* of calls, even ones between VM phones (my dd's and mine). We finally switched to T-Mobile. We are in a rural area and many of the phone carriers do not get good reception out here. We used VM for years because its reception was good and reliable. Finally bit the bullet and recently switchedf to T-Mobile, which also has good reception here. We had the problem with VM for about a year before we gave up on them and switched.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:40 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Verizon just advised me (when I purchased new Mi-Fi for Mother) that they are literally working around the clock to upgrade service all over the country. 50% of their capability is used by 2% of their customers!!! If that were to continue, we'd ALL be without connection service shortly.

New and advanced towers are being installed everywhere. Some places will temporarily suffer a bit in these transitions. I've noticed it here, too. Ultimately, it'll be worth the wait and frustration.

For my part of the world, Verizon is still the best. I called AT&T about 6 months ago and told them I wanted a divorce. :D

Jan in VA
Old 07-17-2011, 08:47 AM

Not so much. I does seem like it is taking longer for a call to go through on some days but haven't had to many problems. I seem to have more problems getting text messages. I have had messages get to my phone hours after it had originally been sent. Not a big deal unless someone is having car problems and my sons don't seem to know how to use the phone function on thier cells.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Power Poster

Around the time we started noticing missed calls with Virgin Mobile, we also noticed that some text messages were taking hours to arrive.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:55 AM

I have verizon and havent been having any problems Yet.