Very close call yesterday!

Old 03-04-2012, 01:12 PM

Hahaha.... I would sew in the basement if we could solve the water issues we have down there!!! Oh and if I could be sure all the creepy crawlies were gone!
Old 03-04-2012, 01:39 PM

We spent the better part of Wed. night and Friday night in our safe room. Not room to take more than our bag of important papers, 2 chairs, a mattress and flashlights and NOAA. This year we were safe. Last May, lost the shingles and siding on our house and 2 trees. Whew! Glad to be spared this year but so sorry for those who were hit.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:03 PM

Just always make sure you have time. I would hate for anyone to get "caught" in a tornado.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:12 PM

Glad to hear you & your family and your quilting things are ok. I often think of taking my stuff with me when I go away I don't want to lose any machines or fabric. Sometimes I don't realize how much fabric I have until I have to make room in the drawers in my guest BR and I want to shoot me. I have to get time when I get back from my son's in Ga before my brother arrives for a visit. After that I'm just going to have to take the time to organize things between my fabric, yarn, crafts even I'm getting to nervous I'll never finish all the projects I want to do. No more store for me until I get moving. Prayers for all of you to be safe. Sue
Old 03-04-2012, 04:53 PM
nms

Be thankful you're here to have the task to bring it all back upstairs again )
Old 03-04-2012, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by MamaO2011 View Post
Glad to hear no one thinks im totally nuts! Yes, we got really lucky that we had such advance notice it would be bad. We had snacks, food, insurance info, birth certificates, photos, family Bibles, pets (save my big furry cat Nikon who didn't come inside but came back when it was over.), kids and quilty stuff down in the basement close to an hour before the worst of the storm came. If it had been at my door with no warning, it would've just been the kids and whatever pet we could find on the way downstairs!

We were finally able to go assist with some clean-up today. If you're interested in seeing some photos, they are here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=aad223f216

Of course, now the river is up and flooding, which happens every March in our town....we will just keep on keeping on, I guess!

How sad to see all those houses wrecked. I am glad that no one else was hurt though. I am thinking that maybe in those areas the underground houses may be a good idea. ....
Old 03-04-2012, 05:56 PM

Hi Katie, I would have done the same thing. I am so glad you are all OK. Safe and sound. One time I decided I wanted to move out of state back to where I was raised. I packed up 75 boxes of stuff and went to midwest to look for a house. drove all that way by myself. After 3 weeks, I decided to come back to AZ. I called my HB at 3Am and said it was a bad idea. I came all the way home and unpacked 75 boxes. My husband said he prayed to Jesus that night I called. My whole living room was full of boxes. My home where I was raised was in Navarre Ohio

Last edited by sewingsuz; 03-04-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:12 PM

You are not crazy, i would have done the same thing but my stuff is already in the basement, thank God you all are ok, that's the most important.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:52 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

wow.. I would of reacted the same .. Glad you are safe and your family is safe as well !!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:31 AM

So glad you and your family are safe. You are not crazy at all. We all know what we would grab in a fire for sure. But if I knew there was a tornado warning, my machine would go with me and as much as I could carry of my other stuff too.