Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
very scary afternoon on the computer >

very scary afternoon on the computer

very scary afternoon on the computer

Old 07-16-2012, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
Now that is 2 people who mentioned system restore. I wonder why they had such elaborate instructions for getting rid of it if a system restore would have done it. I think it would have been easier. Does anyone have simple iinstructions for doing it?

I notice since adding Malwarebytes it has warned me of an infected site.
The same thing happened to me, and I wasn't on anything special. It just popped up. After spending hours trying to get rid of it, because I was NOT going to pay them for anything. I did a restore and then ran a virus and malware scan. Took hours. But my computer is fine now. No virus' or malware.

It's a shame this happens, we become so dependent on our computers and some jerk out there wants to ruin everything. Heck I have a cat that keeps walking across my keyboard and screws things up. The other day, what every she stepped on, turn my entire screen sideways. I fixed it, but I don't need any extra problems with outsiders.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Power Poster

I read this online from someone who watched a tech fix a computer with a virus/spyware:
He turned the computer off, then back on. He kept tapping the f8 key while the computer was on until he got the safe mode. He selected the computer restore for a couple of days past and the virus disappeared.

I was told by an IT guy IE is the worst browser for not catching infected sites Google Chrome is the safest.