Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Vestibular Syndrome in Dogs >

Vestibular Syndrome in Dogs

Vestibular Syndrome in Dogs

Old 04-12-2010, 09:03 AM

Oh my goodness. Hugs from my 3 Golden Retreivers, Jonah, Sam and Anna. Jonah is epileptic, so I understand how difficult it is to look after a sick fur baby. Hope she gets well soon.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Power Poster

Good luck, I haven't known of this problem before.

I hope she gets better real fast. She sure is pretty.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:33 AM

I never knew about dogs. Just people. I had my fourth attack Easter weekend and was stuck in a chair until I could get to the physical therapist. They did 3 manipulations and I was much better. Now doing exercises again to help maintain the stability. Hope your dog is soon better.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:06 AM

I am so sorry to hear about your baby. Yes, I to had a German shephard mix and we put her down. She never fully recovered and I could not see her suffer. Just last year I had a mix that got cancer and it was even harder than the first to put him down. But remember euthanasizing is the one option that we as humans can do to a loved animal and not see the pain and suffering they go through as opposed to a loved human going through some difficult disease.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:03 AM
Power Poster

I am so sorry for your poor puppy. She is in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:18 AM

Lots and lots of hugs from my terrier Lucy and Me. We are praying for your baby to get better and for God to give you strength to see her through it. My thoughts will be with you daily.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:49 AM

That is rough to see and live with, even with the thought that there is hope of recovery. I do hope there's lots of sunshiny days ahead for you all to enjoy.

Three years ago our 9 yr. old bassett/beagle mix woke up from a nap and was never the same. Many trips to the vet just postponed the inevitable. It was the perfect storm emotionally for me. I had to move out while hubby and kids took care of him. It was the worst time.

Two months and a day later we adopted a six month old beagle/other hound (?) mix. I don't know how it'll be if/when he ever gets seriously ill.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:42 AM

Hugs from my Andy and me. Poor puppy. I hope he gets better soon.
Andy has epilepsy but is on medication and since I figured out what seems to set it off he has been fine now for 2 years since I got him. Looking at his records it seems he always had seizures while at the kennel or right after coming home. And I noticed he doesn't like crowds or loud noises. If there is more than just me in the living room he leaves. And even then he doesn't stay long. I guess he doesn't like the constant noise of the TV.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:14 PM

Just to let you know that my dog, a Springer Spaniel who is 14, just recovered from this disease. It was real scary for me and my family. At one point he was having uncontrolled tremors, but the vet said that was part of the process. We are about four weeks past the diagnosis and he is doing very well. Sometimes I do detect a little wobble in his walk but he is active again and his appetite is back to normal. I too worried about having to put him down. We seem to have dodged that bullet though. Good luck.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:51 PM

Oh I feel so sorry for her! I've been pretty lucky with the 3 dogs I have now. I would give her every chance, but not let her suffer for long. Did the vet say that she will recover, or is it something that won't go away?