Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Vickey's hot off the press brand new story   THE OLD TREE >

Vickey's hot off the press brand new story THE OLD TREE

Vickey's hot off the press brand new story THE OLD TREE

Old 07-22-2012, 11:54 AM

nell ....still looking for the Relillion of a Thumbtack and hoping i didn't accidently delete it.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:36 PM

That was an awesome story! I was touched, but I didn't cry, which I can't believe because everything makes me cry! (Grieving widow)
Old 07-26-2012, 07:50 PM

Thanks so much for the reply. Windowhood has to be filled with many memories and needs that bring tears, and it is so true that tears wash out the windows of the soul, so weep away. I'm glad you liked my story, and don't forget if you want to be on my list to get my different writings (a friend named ann sends them out after making them pretty with graphics and music) and if you sent an email to me, I could forward it to her and she'd add you. PM me and I'll give you my e-mail addy.

I lost my only siblling 4 months ago to his 4th and final bout of cancer. I was talking to his wife and she said Monday would be another hard day for her, as it will be my brothers birthday. Friends are coming to take her out and about to go window shopping, etc to fill up the hurtful answers. I hope that will help a little. I call her oftern to be sure she is doing okay. They had 5 kids also that keep checking on her. I'd be so lost without my hubby and he without me. It has to be hard. thanks for the reply.

Vickey
Old 07-26-2012, 07:56 PM

tears wash out the windows of the soul, so cry away. I lost my only brother (only sibling) to a 4th and final bout of cancer. I talked to his wife today and she mentioned she is going away for the say with friends to shop and stuff to fill the hours of sadness a bit for her. I hope it will help. They have 5 kids, but only 2 in area where she lives.

If you want to get e-mails of my writings, PM me and I'll give you my e-mail addy. Write me and my friend Ann that sends them out for me will add you to the list. I send her all requests. Thanks again for the reply. I'm glad you liked my story. VIckey Stamps
Old 07-26-2012, 08:06 PM

What a wonderful story! I'm so glad someone brought it to the more recent posts, as I totally missed it, before!
Old 07-29-2012, 08:17 AM

Thanks so very much for reading my story and I am glad you liked it. Send me a PM if you want to be on a list that sends out my stories. My friend Ann adds graphics and music and sends it out to a list she maintains for my writings. I will give you my e-mail and you can request to be added to the list via an email to me, which I forward to Ann. She adds you right away, and as she sends something of mine out, you'll get it as well.