Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vicks vapor rub

Yes, I have heard of it and a friend of mine swears by it though I have never tried it myself.

I took some classes on Aromatherapy & learned that you absorb things more from the bottom of the feet or palms of your hands, than anywhere else in the body. Of course you wouldn't want Vick's on your hands, so maybe that is why they suggest the feet? This is also good for Sinus problems.

Worked for me. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Happily buried in a heap of fabric in Indiana!
    My younger sister told me this and it worked for our youngest daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraTX
    4 year old granddaughter is spending the night with us. DIL said she has a cough and to slather Vicks on the bottom of her feet and put socks on her before she goes to bed. Supposedly it's absorbed faster than putting on her chest. Have you ever heard of this?

Ramona Byrd - I thought I was the only one who endured a "mustard plaster". My grandmother insisted my mom put this on my chest when I was little (I was very sickly). I think the only thing it really did was burn through a couple of layers of skin :). Mom also put Vicks in a vaporizer to help me breathe.

It is the only thing that stops Mr 7 from coughing all night when he has a cold. I don't know how it works but it does.

Blog Entries
    4 year old granddaughter is spending the night with us. DIL said she has a cough and to slather Vicks on the bottom of her feet and put socks on her before she goes to bed. Supposedly it's absorbed faster than putting on her chest. Have you ever heard of this?
    When I was a child and caught a cold Mom or Dad would put Vicks on my feet and socks on. Then Vicks on the chest with a nice warm piece of flannel pinned to my "undershirt" and to really cure the whole mess, Vicks rubbed on my neck, covered with one of my Dad's socks and pinned. Then with the Vicks that was left on their fingers, I got a rub under the nose. I don't know if it works or not, but the warmth is unbelievable -- to this day. If I get a cold, same thing, feet, chest, neck and nose!!!! Did it to our son, I do it to my husband - hey, we're still here and instead of the cold lasting one week, it only lasted seven days!!!!!!!

Remember Musterole??????? That stuff curled your nose hairs! Edie

I remember my great-grandmother telling Mom to "Vicks the kids up!!" (How long has Vicks been around??) I also use Vicks for athlete's foot and to remove plantar's warts. Do the same thing, Vicks up your feet at night and put on white socks.

My poditrist told me to put vicks on my feet to clear up any fungus that grows around my nail bed. I also put it on a cold sore on my lip to help it heal. Really works

That's how I have been told also. Can't understand it, but it does work

I have also heard that. I usedto putit on the kids necks, and my nose. I LOVE Vicks!

Hi Yes we do it here in Australia amnd it works Carmen

Absolutely. The skin is thin there in a way that it goes in and helps the breathing. If you like garlic, you can do the same thing and taste the garlic when you rub it on your foot. Its a hoot.
    But the vicks does work faster on the feet!

Blog Entries
    Ok- I am suffering in bed with a cold right now and I am goi g to try this 'in real time' LOL. This is not the type of boost I expected when I logged on to the quilters on my iPhone!

Yes, I have heard of doing it on the bottom of the feet. It is one of the latest thing to do. Hope she feels better.

Wow....you really do learn something everyday.....never would have thought about this one.

I have been suffering with a miserable cold this past week. Let me know if it worked for you & I'll send my DH out to buy some Vicks.

Quote Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie
    Ok- I am suffering in bed with a cold right now and I am goi g to try this 'in real time' LOL. This is not the type of boost I expected when I logged on to the quilters on my iPhone!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It DOES work,,,( not sure why) also they now recommend that Vicks not be put on your chest or especially in your nostrils like when we were kids!( I have 11 grandkids,so I do know the foot thing works)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2