Victims of Sandy

Old 11-02-2012, 03:33 PM

I would love to do something for those affected by Sandy, but not sure as to what. If anyone is organizing donations let me know.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:55 PM

NJQuilter, I understand how you feel things can be replaced. I live in Fl. and lived thru 2 wks w/o power from Hurricane Charley. I believe that if they tell you to leave take a few important things to you and get out. Don't put someone else's life in danger or lose your own life over things that can be replaced it's very hard to go thru and you never forget but you do realize from all the people, neighbors and friends that people all pull together to help each other. When one of us went to get water or ice where the National Guard was stationed to take care of us we always brought back for all our neighbors and if someone needed help we helped them. We had a tiny battery operated radio to listen to in the dark to find out what would be available to us everything was destroyed in our towns so we had that one radio station that could broadcast and no phones so as I watch all the pics I realize that during Charley everyone saw us and we knew nothing. We all had to be in by 8pm but it was so dark you couldn't see anthing in front of you. There are some parts that are really not fun in our case no AC and 90 degree heat with sun blazing on you as you raked up all the garbage that flew in from who know's where. Try if you can to relax and be with others so you can talk about other things because the more you think about it the more upset you get. You do get better as the days go by and you have to get busy getting back to your new life whatever it will be and we are all thinking & praying for you all and as days go by people will have donated so all of you who will need help will get it. I hope the days get better for you all their are plenty of lineman being brought in to help and the National Guard, Red Cross and volunteers with food and water and other things. You probably won't even know this because if you don't have power you can't read this but it will give you some thoughts later. Bless you all. Sue
Old 11-02-2012, 07:06 PM

We have a 12 yo grandson in Maryland. Have not heard anything about him or his mom. His dad is our son and he is in Afghanistan. Our son has remarried and only gets to see his son once a year or so because of where he is stationed. We were able to be together last Thanksgiving. My heart goes out to all of you in dire need. Please know you are in our prayers and thoughts and we will help where we can.