Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The view outside my window...and yours? >

The view outside my window...and yours?

The view outside my window...and yours?

Old 07-15-2021, 07:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mrs. fitz View Post
I wish I knew how to post pictures but many of you have seen the view from my window. I'm in a high-rise on the Palisades - cliffs coming up from the Hudson River - and my view is the river and the New York City skyline with the Empire State Building directly across from our building. Right now the night lights are on and its absolutely beautiful. I never get tired of looking at it.

That sounds amazing. All my inlaws live on the NJ side of the Hudson River and the NYC skyline is the view from their backyard. It's something to see day and night.
Old 07-16-2021, 01:51 AM

As I sit at my sewing machine, I have 2 windows that give me a view of my back yard patio. There are usually 2 cats in my window, watching the many birds and squirrels. I fill the patio with potted plants and flowers in the spring and summer. I love to open the windows on cooler days to get fresh air as I sew.
Old 07-16-2021, 03:18 AM

I have three taller skinny windows overlooking the front yard and street. Older sub that was build before they put 4 houses on an acre so its pretty open and peaceful. Lots of trees. I just love to see sun and shade and leaves moving
Old 07-16-2021, 04:27 AM

Two windows in my sewing room, both looking out at our detached garage and the road in front of the house. I can see the delivery trucks bringing all my online sewing purchases! LOL
Old 07-16-2021, 07:37 AM

I snapped this from my patio slider, because it is raining and you can't see the view via the rain spattered window screen in my sewing room, but the same view. I live on a DNR protected marsh. The scene changes colors every season of the year. Lovely even in the depths of a winter storm. Lots of critters and birds all seasons to distract me from what is under my needle.
Attached Thumbnails 2021-0-7-16-marsh-summer.jpg  
Old 07-16-2021, 08:16 AM

My sewing table faces the window and the view looks out on our gazebo and part of our garden. Summer or winter, I never tire of looking at it.
Attached Thumbnails dscn7042a.jpg  

Last edited by BonnieJP; 07-16-2021 at 08:20 AM.
Old 07-16-2021, 08:59 AM
Power Poster

Oh I love all the pretty yards. A pretty well kept lawn is so relaxing.
Old 07-16-2021, 03:40 PM

This is my sewing room from the outside, smallest bedroom in the house.

Ok, picture 1 -- hydrangea last year

picture 2 -- poor hydrangea after heat wave and trimming off the really dead stuff, nice thing is it will come back next year just fine, just like last year

picture 3 -- the new house going up. Is hard in my area to get permitting for extra large houses, but they saved the attached garage *at least for now so it is technically a remodel. What you can't see is the entire lower level and how big it is. House next door to the right is comparable to what was there before, the three houses will be built to the right of that one. At bottom of hill is the rebuilt single story ranch house, now nursing home.
Attached Thumbnails hydrangea.jpg   100_6129.jpg   100_6128.jpg  
Old 07-17-2021, 02:11 AM

From my sewing machine, I can look out of a second story window with a flowering crabapple tree in front. Our house is at the corner of our neighborhood so I see cars and people walking by all the time. It's fun to watch them.
Old 07-17-2021, 04:59 AM

You all have beautiful backyard views. Mine looks out on our cul-de-sac so I can see when the mailman comes, or the garbage truck, or Amazon and FedEx, or spy on the neighbors...