virus

Old 09-11-2010, 06:26 PM

I had this not long ago, twice within a week.

I had to do a system restore on my machine, and that has worked fine, my computer is working as it should.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:47 PM

Come to think of it, my computer shut down last night. It told me something was trying to enter my computer and my (something) prevented it but that it had to shut down. I didn't know what it was talking about last night. But I bet I do now!
Old 09-11-2010, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by ganny
Come to think of it, my computer shut down last night. It told me something was trying to enter my computer and my (something) prevented it but that it had to shut down. I didn't know what it was talking about last night. But I bet I do now!
Someone should notify the Admin. I don't know how.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:53 PM

My husband has been in the computer business for 50 years. One night I got this notice all of a sudden that I too had a virus and could not knock it out. He told me to unplug the computer and wait for a while. Sometimes, you have to wait til the next day before rebooting.
Actually, the company that is trying to get you to quick buy the security stuff is the one that has attached the virus to your computer. That is why you will get norton, or mcafee popping up a lot to get rid of it.
It is not this sight that is causing it, sometimes just takes ahwile before it hits. Could have come from anywhere.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:34 AM

I don't believe it is Quiltingboard....but think it is the links we click on. The links here and otherplaces can be the real killer.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by mzsooz
My SIL told me that when that screen pops up telling you have a virus and buy the software don't click on anything. Do the control-alt-delete thing to get you to the task manager and then shut your browser from there. He says that should stop it.

good luck!
Exactly. my husband clicked on it, and i lost everything on my PC..had to take it in..they had to clean it all..
"it looks like it is coming from your anti-virus protection program, and it is not." it can pop up anytime, on this board or anywhere you happen to be.
your not getting a virus from this message board. IMHO
although you can get one from a link, of course.

this week, i got an email from a friend that only contained a link..i did not click on it..but i let her know her email had been hi-jacked. told her to change her password on that account. she didn't believe me, until she checked her "sent folder"..everyone in her contacts were sent the same email with the virus link.

i use AVG and super antispyware.

good luck, let us know how it goes..
Old 09-12-2010, 11:37 AM

If you've clicked onto any of the utube videos it might have been from there. Utube is notorious for spreading ctd's (cyber tranmitted diseases).