virus

Old 09-11-2010, 06:20 AM

Folks, my computer picked up a virus from this board. Please be careful. I has totally locked everything. I can't even run the scanner for virus or turn the machine off properly. It wants me to buy a security product. I have Mc Afee.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:22 AM

How do you know its from this board?

I've had one like that before. It wouldn't even let me open any of my virus/spyware programs. it would take me to it instead.

Here's what you have to do to get rid of it:

http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-security-tool.html
Old 09-11-2010, 06:27 AM
Administrator

i don't own your computer so can't say this with 100% certainty. however, there have never been any verified virus attacks from this board itself.

unfortunately, we can't verify that every site to which users post links are perfectly safe.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:28 AM

I was using this board when it happened. I am using another computer now. I clicked on the address you have and it is exactly like it says. I will write the address down and go and try it. Thank you. Sherry
Old 09-11-2010, 06:31 AM

turn it of at the wall and take it to a fix it guy, if it is the 1 I picked up from facebook a few months ago it is a nasty 1 the only way I got rid of it was thru a computer repair shop, what ever you do DON'T BUY THERE SOTWARE, IT READS ALL YOUR DETAILS . steals your ID
Old 09-11-2010, 06:32 AM
Administrator

did you click on a link leading from this site to another one? we've never had a verified case of virus infection coming from this site itself.

please notify Admin so he can triple-diple check the server.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:33 AM
Rob

I had the same issue once somewhere, I don't remember. The virus would not let me do anything to correct it....so I had to go "safe" mode to look for it and delete it.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:35 AM

I was on this site, using it like I usually am and all of a sudden my computer said it was infected and I could not do anything. I do not know what I had just looked at. I am on another computer at the moment. Please do not take me off as a regular. I need to get my computer fixed. Now, I don't know where to look on the board. Thank you, Sherry
Old 09-11-2010, 06:36 AM

I have a pc with Norton virus protection and have also never had a problem with this board, I agree it's possible it happened thru a link. Good luck cleaning out your system.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:42 AM
Banned

I got a similar virus on my computer and it ruined it.. Took it to my ex who fixes these things. They were finally able to get my files, but could not even reload the operating system. This is a very bad bug.

But,,You can pick this up from anywhere on the net and it is not always the last thing you looked at that infected it.. It could lay dormant until you reboot.. then when it starts to be active.. it starts in one place, spreads inside your computer and everything you do after it starts just makes it worse.

I do know that some of the smileys carry virus ...

No way that I know of to know exactly where it came from.
I am in agreement that it most likely wasnt the board itself, but perhaps a link. I have found bugs in some of the links posted