Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Visit and/or Decorate Grave Sites of Loved Ones >

Visit and/or Decorate Grave Sites of Loved Ones

Visit and/or Decorate Grave Sites of Loved Ones

Old 07-09-2022, 04:42 PM

I just went yesterday and put flowers on my mothers grave and some on her sisters and mom and dads..it has been awhile since I had been, cause it's about an hour and half from where I live...don't get to the country often...my Dh and I have our marker, he's been gone almost 4 years now,,but I didn't put vases cause I knew I wouldn't get up there very often..he's not there anyway...the cemetery is well kept and quiet there in the country..we were married 56 wonderful years and I miss him everyday..I live with my youngest daughter and husband..I sold our home and moved with her in their new home...I have my room, bath and my sewing room...which I love..it's all I need at my age...I will be 80 in August...still healthy and able to make my quilts and enjoy life..
Old 07-09-2022, 08:07 PM

we always called it decoratiom day instead of memorial day, we would all go to the cemetary with tools to clean and trim the graves of fam, and then have a pinic lunch .the women would bring wax flowers and paper crepe flowers that were waxed.and put them on all the graves. us children would pick wild flowers and do the same like black eyed susans .wild daisy, and clover and sunflowers. also pine cones . and violets . sun flowers also.dandelions and puff balls. It was an all day affair.GOOD FAM TIMES