Walmart

Old 04-11-2011, 06:10 PM

I see on my homepage that walmart is bringing back 85 items. they talk about how the fishing items are coming back for some states. And other things. But didn't see anything about the fabric. Maybe we need to write them again to make the fabric one of the items that comes back. And hopefully this time they will listen to us.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:17 PM

I have talked to store manager, called main office and left message with operator who said she would forward it on, have emailed them and have signed petition and finally wrote letter. I honestly believe that they have no intention of bringing fabric bolts back. If it does happen...I will be the first to be pleasantly surprised. I will continue to boycott the prepackaged fabric that they thought would be good for us. Hope no one buys it. Such an insult to us.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by bobbie1
I have talked to store manager, called main office and left message with operator who said she would forward it on, have emailed them and have signed petition and finally wrote letter. I honestly believe that they have no intention of bringing fabric bolts back. If it does happen...I will be the first to be pleasantly surprised. I will continue to boycott the prepackaged fabric that they thought would be good for us. Hope no one buys it. Such an insult to us.
I agree that the prepackaged fabric is terrible. Nothing seems to go together and the quality is awful!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Banned

If I may make a suggestion. To get the fabrics back into your local stores or to have them increased in size and products, write to the main office etc like you have been, but also write to the individual store manager! The more customers that tell the local manager what they want hopefully will get it. I know some managers like fabrics, some don't and the stores reflect this.

So, all my local people (JC store) - write in to the store manager - I want to be busier and help more customers quilt/sew!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Banned

If I may make a suggestion. To get the fabrics back into your local stores or to have them increased in size and products, write to the main office etc like you have been, but also write to the individual store manager! The more customers that tell the local manager what they want hopefully will get it. I know some managers like fabrics, some don't and the stores reflect this.

So, all my local people (JC store) - write in to the store manager - I want to be busier and help more customers quilt/sew!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:54 PM

I will be glad to write in! Where can I find an email (or snail mail) address for the JC store manager?
Old 04-11-2011, 07:14 PM

I recently found out thru my ex husband who is a mgr with walmart that they are going to bring back alot of things that they dropped due to them losing a lot in sales to other retailers. One of the things on the list is fabric but not at all stores only some at first.
Walmart doesn't always think before it goes and does something, until it effects their pocket book that is, then they listen to us.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:22 PM

Without the fabric depts., I have no reason to go to any of the 5 Walmart's that are anywhere from 10 to 30 min. from my house. I have Target, Meijer, Jewel, Dominick's, Joannn's, Hobby Lobby, Home Depot, Lowe's Walgreen's, Penneys, Kohl's & just about every other store within 10 minutes of me. Fabric was the only reason I went to WM-- & THEN because of fabric, I'd do my other shopping there. Now I am boycotting WM completely & rarely think of it for any of my needs. Anyone who knows the number & address of those in charge at WM, should rewrite to them & tell them to read this board over the last 8 months or so. Maybe they need to read for themselves how many customers they've lost from their ultimate wisdom. I read that they had taken 30,000 products from their stores & customers were complaining about all of it. They've returned or are planning to return 8500 items. That's nothing.The average drug store stocks about 50,000 items. Shop somewhere else. Their prices at WM aren't even "cheap" anymore.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Banned

from Wm corporate told me, they are only going to bring it back to stores that still have the dept. and even then it won't be all of them, some will still be closing this year.

To get the fabric back at all, the store has to be A) making money on fabric, and B) be a rural area with less than 10K residents!

WE will not be getting fabric since the store lost it 2 years ago, even though this store not only made money it services mostly rural areas!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:29 PM

Here is what I found online this evening: "In the next few months, it plans to bring back more fresh grocery and consumables such as more choices in paper towels and laundry detergent. Increased selections in electronics, sporting goods, apparel, fabrics and crafts as well as outdoor living products will hit stores later this year. The roll-out will be completed by the end of the year."

That was from an article in a St. Louis newspaper.