Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Want to help me name my new horse? >

Want to help me name my new horse?

Want to help me name my new horse?

Old 07-25-2009, 10:19 AM

Oh sandpat--she's beautiful. I can't wait to see more photos of you riding. I think Amazing Grace is a nice name ( :wink: :wink: ) and you can call her Mazie... there can never be too many ya know. :D

Or Daisy. That fits too.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Some of you know that I have been looking for a new horse for some time. Well, I finally found one this week! She is a beautiful Palamino Walking Horse. She is 4 yrs. old has a vey smooth gait and has a wonderful dispostion, big beautiful eyes and is sooo friendly!

The poor thing doesn't have a name though! DH and I can't decide on anything...yet. He is thinking Foxy Lady...(I'm not).. I don't want a mare named Lady! Everyone and their brother has a mare named Lady...so not for me. I'm thinking Gracie...DH is not. Got any ideas you'd care to share?

Oiiiiiiii whats so wrong with lady; my old horse is called Lady Delight( Dille for short) :wink:
Old 07-25-2009, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by quiltswithdogs
Beautiful horse!

Do you both prefer people names? Her coloring makes me think Sandy. Depending what they are, how about a combo of both of your middle names?

But what about something related to around your lovely place.... Farmer Girl, Garden, Flower, your street or town name or whatever else connects her to her new home?

I really like the idea of secretly, Bernina, officially Nina. I had thought of that too for our new dog, but then the patchy coloring just begged for Patches. Nina is easy and pretty and secretly special to you as a quilter!
I like nina,lol( my name is Nina jeanette)

Btw what is her mum and dads name? grand parents?
Old 07-25-2009, 01:28 PM

...back to her sandy color... what about Sahara? is that too many syllables for a horse? Does one call a horse to "come" like a dog? If not, then 3 syllables shoud be ok.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:30 PM

No help with name from me. But, I do like your beautiful horse. And your garden which makes me envious.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:33 PM

She reminds me of a big sexy blonde--so how about Babe?
Old 07-25-2009, 04:42 PM

She is absolutely gorgeous. How about Sunshine?
Old 07-25-2009, 05:01 PM

I was going to say Ginger but somebody beat me to it.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Power Poster

We are narrowing it down...we thought of Misty...and my animals always have a "middle" name too...so I've been calling her Misty May all day long today. As for how does she respond...she doesn't care as long as I come bearing treats.. :roll:

I really like the names ya'll are coming up with. To answer another question...yes, you call a horse just like a dog..or I do anyway. I always try out the name with "Whoa...Misty" or whatever name to see what that sounds like. I'm reading all the names to DH...we are still undecided..I like Sahara (Sara) for short. Don't know about DH. DH nixed the Nina..although he wouldn't have cared if it was for my Bernina (he thought the idea was cute though)

I like Ginger too and Gypsy, but my friend has horses with both of those names. Sunshine is good (Sunny for short).. I call all horses Babe..along with their name
Old 07-25-2009, 05:51 PM

She is gorgeous Sandpat!
I was just reading a book & the main female was Anastasia, Ana for short. I liked that, Ana with one "n", and she was also a beautiful blonde. :wink:
Hmmm, middle name too?...Ana Banana?!! LOL