Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warning - watch what you buy!

DH and I went to town for doc appt and stopped to buy some ink for my printer. We got the full box of 3 cartridges. Paid $37.00. Got home - 30 miles -- and discovered the box had been opened from the bottom and REglued...the cartridges inside were USED!!!! ARRRRRGH! Called the store and they said to please bring it back and they'd make it good. They thanked us for letting them know...they'll go check EVERY box!!!! So - warning - check what you buy. :hunf:

Blog Entries
    that is terrible and I'm glad the store is going to make it right with you

There are thieves everywhere! I would never think to do something like that!!

I once bought some vanilla extract (and it isn't cheap) and when I got home found that someone had taken the vanilla out of box and replaced it with cheap red food color.

People are nutz these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Beth33
    I once bought some vanilla extract (and it isn't cheap) and when I got home found that someone had taken the vanilla out of box and replaced it with cheap red food color.

The local Bi mart here in our town, they keep the pure vanilla extract behind the counter. They said people were taking it off the shelf and drinking it for the alcohol in it.

People are crazy. I'm sure vodka is much cheaper than pure vanilla extract. And no aftertaste! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Chele
    People are crazy. I'm sure vodka is much cheaper than pure vanilla extract. And no aftertaste! LOL!
    LOL, it would definitely taste better.

Blog Entries
    Hopefully the store will research who returned the ink cartridges and prosecute...but I'm almost sure they won't...

How about switched out hairdye? Twice! Months apart. Gotta be clerks in the store.

community benefactor p38flygirl's Avatar
    can't be too careful...

Sad but unfortunately this is what our World has come to. It gets exhausting to try to stay 1 step ahead. LOL Got to keep on keeping on though.

Blog Entries
    hair dye, i swear that happened to me once. the only way i knew was that my hair didn't turn out the color i expected. grrrrr.

There are people here stealing the metal pipes off church and business air conditioners and selling them for scrap metal. There's been several hit in our county lately. I'm always amazed at what people can dream up to do rather than get a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Beth33

Yuck!!!!!!!! How desperate can you get to do that.

I bought some of the sure jell that comes in a pouch for jams and Jelly. I got one of the boxes home and it didn't have the full amount in the box.
    Had to make another 20 mile trip to town.

Blog Entries
    Amazing how unscrupulous some people are.

Retail for years, amazing what was seen !! no scruples, and You couldn't tell the book by the cover.

Blog Entries
    I started to buy some embroidery floss and it was not a full amt in it ,I showed it to the salespersone and she said you would be surprised what people would do. Alos got home with ink for my printer and it was an empty cartridge, the store thought I had done it since I found it after I got hoome so no replace ment out almost 30 bucks on SS budget. Hurt bad still dont have ink yet have to wait till I can come up with the moola. lol

Funny, I always check the color on the bottle before I mix it up!I'd hate to walk around with shocking pink hair!

Quite a few years back I was in Walmart looking at hair stuff. This lady in the same aisle picked up a hair brush, tried it out on her hair and hung it back up on the rack. Ewwwwww.

YUCK! A woman at the discount food store that hands out samples, told me that a woman, right in front of her opened a jar of something, peeled back the top, stuck her finger in and tasted it. Then she tasted it a SECOND time....and put the jar back on the shelf! I now open ALL jars to make sure it's sealed!

Also -- I once bought a package of Kotex. I took it off the shelf and tossed it in the basket. When I got up to the counter, I discovered it had been opened and one pad was missing!!!!!!!

Yikes, I'm sitting here cringing. What won't people do.

Blog Entries
    I was grocery shopping the other day by the spices and there was a big sign saying you had to ask an employee for poppy seeds! Why would someone only take the poppy seeds???

Quote Originally Posted by colleen1978
    I was grocery shopping the other day by the spices and there was a big sign saying you had to ask an employee for poppy seeds! Why would someone only take the poppy seeds???
    Poppy seeds can "pop" a person positive for drugs. But...you have to ingest a HUGE amount of them. Back some years ago, there was a sailer that was found positive for drugs. He swore up and down that he NEVER used and the ONLY drug they found in his system was a form of opiates due to ingesting the poppy seeds. Don't know what happened to the guy...

But, you can check out Snopes.com and you'll find out that it's true.

Info re Poppy Seeds. The seeds themselves do not contain significant amounts of opiates. But a poppy tea consumed in some areas and often referred to as doda has been controversial for containing ground opium poppy plant, especially the seed head, and contains significant levels of opiates.[32] Popular in some South Asian communities, doda is created by grinding dried poppy husks or poppy seeds into a fine powder and then ingesting the mix with hot water or tea. In Canada, doda is made from poppy plants brought in from Afghanistan and Arizona under the guise of legal purposes such as floral arrangements, but is sold illegally from some meat markets

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast