washing machines

Old 12-13-2009, 02:29 PM

Does anyone of the maytag cenntenial washing machine? How well do you like yours? I just want to know what you think.
I have the least expensive one. Ours went out on us and someone bought this one for us.
This may sound like I am whinning or complaining but I don't want it to sound like that. But I think this one seems to be a little noisy to me compared to my old whirlpool.
I am greatful that we had been blessed with this one at least I am able to get the clothes clean. About 3 weeks ago my dryer went out and this week my new dryer is to arrive. Yahoooooo!!
No more laundrymat.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:33 PM

I have a set of Maytags that are about 6 years old. The front loader. They are in the basement, so I don't notice how loud they are. Don't know whether they are Centennial. Will check them out next time I go down.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Power Poster

I wonder if some of the newer one's being lighter in weight is because they don't have as much insulation as well as the amount of weights that were used in the past? Her new set vibrates way more than the old, and I know it is not because they are not level. I know that when it goes into spin we could hear it more and even feel it through the floor boards LOL
Old 12-13-2009, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
I have a set of Maytags that are about 6 years old. The front loader. They are in the basement, so I don't notice how loud they are. Don't know whether they are Centennial. Will check them out next time I go down.
I'm sorry I forgot to mention that the washer is a top loader. These machines are (well the ones I have anyway cost only around 400 something). I think that it is a nice set, just seems to be a little loud. But even though mine are off the kitchen it seems a little louder than my old one. My husband doesn't seem to think so though.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by amma
I wonder if some of the newer one's being lighter in weight is because they don't have as much insulation as well as the amount of weights that were used in the past? Her new set vibrates way more than the old, and I know it is not because they are not level. I know that when it goes into spin we could hear it more and even feel it through the floor boards LOL
You know that is probably what it is. That it is lighter and doesn't have much weight so it vibrates more. Thank you, now I know that I am not going crazy thinking its louder.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:58 AM

Probably not louder than the old..just different, so you notice more.?? :-D