Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Watched topic section doesn't show any topics?? >

Watched topic section doesn't show any topics??

Watched topic section doesn't show any topics??

Old 11-15-2010, 09:28 PM
Cyn

Thanks. That's OK. If there's going to be a weird thing- I will find/have it! No biggie really in the big scheme of things! Thanks for the help tho :)
Old 11-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Power Poster

Click on show only from Buddies come out and then go back in - should show you everything that is watched AND I think they only show up there when there is a new comment made .

Here is what is listed in How to use the board area :

My Watched Topics

This page (link at the top of the page) lists the topics which you are "watching" that have new replies in them since the last time you viewed them.

The main difference from the Recent Topics page is that My Watched Topics only lists the topics you are "watching". So any topics in which you participated will not get lost among all other recent discussions happening on the board.

Right-hand side of each topic column has two links.
"=>" will take you to the last post you read in that topic
"->" will take you to the last post in the topic

By using this page, you can always check which of "your topics" have new replies without the need to check your e-mail and look for the notifications.

"your topics" includes all topics you are "watching" -- topics which you started, topics in which you posted replies, and topics for which you clicked the "watch" link (top left).

My Watched Topics list works regardless of your e-mail notification settings. You can disable e-mail notifications and simply use the list to catch up on all topics when you visit the board.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Cyn
Well one topic just showed up and I haven't a clue why but I am glad :) Mercy I hate computers and technology sometimes!
Hello there! Consider yourself lucky if you hate computers; ALL machines including computers hate ME! They must have some sort of intellectual capacity, at least enough to league up against me, and start acting up as soon as sit down next to one.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:07 PM
Cyn

Actually I had read the info but it still doesn't show anything. I clicked on the buddy list tab but nada. Thanks for the info tho :) It's me.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Cyn

I just realized I don't have a My Watched section. It readto me like there should be one. Am I missing something here also?
Old 11-16-2010, 04:27 PM

I believe you'll get email from topics that you commented on,if someone else puts another post. If it's something you really really want to watch, bookmark it. Make sure you type in a name because I missed a lot of bookmarks when I first got on the board, thinking that if you just click bookmark it'll add it, but it doesn't. YOu have to type in a name, and click on save that's to the right of your title.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:30 PM
Cyn

Thanks! I didn't know that!