Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
We are buying a quilting room!!!!! >

We are buying a quilting room!!!!!

We are buying a quilting room!!!!!

Old 08-08-2013, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by grandma sue View Post
We too are beginning on building a house - and an airplane hangar! That being said, I get to design my sewing studio. Now that I can do that - I'm overwhelmed! Where do I start! I'm really excited but anxious at the same time, We are doing a lot of the work ourselves. Will post pics when it is all finished. One thing I want to do is put in a Murphy bed. When it is folded into the wall, it will be my design wall. Other than that - I'm stumped!+
I love the idea of a murphy bed. That might be a great idea for company, especially my parents since they are getting older and walking up the stairs would be a pain for them. Will have to look into it. That is what I am looking forward to the most is having a design wall. Now I just put something up in the hallway and have to look at it sideways and the light is really bad.
What are you going to to with an airplane hanger? That would be a mighty big sewing room. haha
Old 08-08-2013, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by caspharm View Post
Congrats! I have my room. My only wish is a way to seal off the rest of the house. We have an somewhat open concept house and the formal LR/DR (my sewing studio) is open right off the front door and walkway that goes to the back of the house as well as an open wall between my area and the family area, so I can't shut out TV or other distractions.
That is the set up in this house. I have the breakfast nook which is off the family room. I can't sew when they are trying to watch TV.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:51 AM

congratulations! lucky quilter Gal!