Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
We did it again - NOT smart!  =O >

We did it again - NOT smart! =O

We did it again - NOT smart! =O

Old 04-14-2011, 02:58 PM

Maybe if you just leave it there the skunk fairy will take it away and leave you a quarter :-)
Old 04-14-2011, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
Maybe if you just leave it there the skunk fairy will take it away and leave you a quarter :-)
Do Not Fall For This...I have tried it with the Fat fairy and it just doesn't work! LOL :wink:
Old 04-14-2011, 03:17 PM

Figure out a way to keep the skunk's tail down ... if the tail is down he can't spray. (Or so I've heard).
Old 04-14-2011, 03:28 PM

It's not fun trying to wash your long haired dog in tomato juice but it does work. We used a plastic tarp the clear kind, dropped it over the cage then used a rake to pull it out of the yard. It worked.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Kappy
Originally Posted by ptquilts
Do Not Fall For This...I have tried it with the Fat fairy and it just doesn't work! LOL :wink:
LOL!!!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 03:38 PM

The easiest is just drag the trap out and drown the thing--if you ever saw an animal die with rabies, you would not feel sorry for the skunk! It is a horrible death--have seen several pets with rabies--plus sheep, cows and horses---when I worked at a vets. Not pretty at all.
And you are risking your family and your pets....rabies shots are painful AND expensive. My husband was attacked by a rabid skunk--luckily he had his irrigation boots on, but it was terrifying watching the thing try continually to jump up and bite him til the neighbor got his gun loaded and shot it! The guy heard me screaming and knew something was wrong.....
When I was a child, we had a rabid skunk come after us while awaiting for the school bus.It nearly got my little brother before I could drag him inside. We missed the bus that day as it kept jumping at the house door after we ran inside.
These things are NOT PETS folks!Feel sorry for something like deer, not SKUNKS! Deer can just give you wasting disease not rabies.....
Feel free to be mad at me, but that is REALITY!
Old 04-14-2011, 06:23 PM
Power Poster

Are you able to wrap the trap in sacking before you set it up? That way once it is inside any spray would be contained. Maybe tie a length of rope to the back as well. At least you would be able to drag it away without getting sprayed.

I have no idea how noxious these creatures are (we don't have any here, or anything like it). Let us know how you get on....
Old 04-14-2011, 06:34 PM

OH, you Aussies just don't know what you're missing. Once you smell skunk scent, you will never, ever forget it. Even just the faintest of scents will have you on alert. For such cute little critters, they sure have a terrible and effective defense weapon. Maybe I'll see if there is some way to bottle the smell and send you a tube. LOL! Don't want you to miss out.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by hobo2000
It's not fun trying to wash your long haired dog in tomato juice but it does work. We used a plastic tarp the clear kind, dropped it over the cage then used a rake to pull it out of the yard. It worked.
Nonono - there is no need to use tomato juice. Nature's Miracle is a wonderful enzyme-killing product. We buy it by the gallon. All you do is wet the dog down thoroughly and let the stuff dry. Then you give the dog a bath with regular doggy shampoo. The only thing it doesn't handle is the doggy breath. I thought it was bad on a regular day - just try it after they ingest skunk. (Lasts for about 3 weeks)

Our vet told us that Massengil douche works too. Now I personally find that offensive. I mean, really - how bad do the girly parts have to get before someone utters "OMG SKUNK!" ? lol
Old 04-14-2011, 08:00 PM

I am loving this thread!!! Just imagining all your advice has me rolling.
Give it some cat food, with a sleeping pill in it. Mess with when it is sleeping!