Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
We did it again - NOT smart!  =O >

We did it again - NOT smart! =O

We did it again - NOT smart! =O

Old 04-14-2011, 09:56 PM

If only I had a sleeping pill - that's a great idea! :lol:
We were gone all evening, so dh didn't have to deal with it. He has a job first thing and then has to be home while I go to work - I told him he MUST deal with it! He even admits he'd like to just ignore it and have it go away. We can't leave it in there too much longer though.
I know they say that they have a high incidence of rabies, but I haven't actually seen any evidence of it around here. Not that it can't happen though.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:08 PM

Well, that makes our Drop Bears seem so easy to deal with :)
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
Old 04-14-2011, 10:12 PM

Maybe you could just send me a jar of vegemite - that should take care of 'em! lol!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:15 PM

I can't help you with that but I do know my brother was spayed face first. Mama put him in a tub of tomato juice and it cleaned the smell away fast. We lived on a farm and had many many jars of juice! Hope it helps next time around.

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
We set a live trap to see what was digging to get under our garage door..... happened a few years ago when we were trying to get a wood chuck out of our garden.... you kind of forget that certain undesirable critters are nocturnal and that you should trip the trap at night..... so now, again, we have a skunk.

We watched youtube videos of how to sneak up to let them free, but last time it wound up spraying anyway. We have about an acre of land - there wasn't one foot of it that didn't REEK of skunk. It was nauseating. So dh is extremely nervous right now.... he doesn't want to go through that again.... and we have to go somewhere in a couple of hours (he really doesn't want to smell like skunk). And of course the trap is kind of a pain to open, especially when you're trying to stay out of the way. Anybody want to volunteer? Dh would be so grateful! lol!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:27 PM

Location: Massachusetts / Vermont === Now in ==Green River Utah = Owner of GreenRiverKOA Campground

You can call the game warden to come and do that for you..good luck and keep plenty of tomato juice around .. ummmm
Old 04-15-2011, 03:59 AM

I remember when we had that problem, not fun at all! My neighbor came over and he told us to call the humane society and they came out and took him away to a place way out in the country
Old 04-15-2011, 04:34 AM

Brings back memories. LOL!! I know I shouldn't laugh. Years ago my son was walking his dog and they met up with a one.
We got a phone call from my DIL is tears please come over we need help.
When we got there my son was in the back yard hosing himself down and DIL in house about 2 months pregant . Throwing up in the bathroom.
Seems my son decided to walk through the house to get her. Not a smart move.
I took my DIL home and my husband and son spent the wee hours of the night and many trips to the 24/7 gracery store playing with tomoato juice. FUNNY NOW but not than
Old 04-15-2011, 04:46 AM

Better buy some 'hazmat' gear especially for the occasion (or does the stink penetrate those suits too?).
Old 04-15-2011, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Rainy Day
The BIG difference is that skunks are real and drop bears are a figment of the imagination...i.e. a dumb story to fool gullible tourists.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by jitkaau
Originally Posted by Rainy Day
The BIG difference is that skunks are real and drop bears are a figment of the imagination...i.e. a dumb story to fool gullible tourists.
Drop bears in Australia are like snipe hunts! But it is SO funny to read the comments on the drop bear page!

And I have a skunk story for you. When I was a child, I had an uncle with BEAUTIFUL flower gardens. My aunt loved cats, he hated them unless they stayed only down at the barns. One day when we were visiting out in the yard admiring the flowers, my uncle came stomping past yelling--"There is another darn cat in my FLOWERS!"
As it was behind a big clump of flowers, he reached in and grabbed it to throw it, and it was a SKUNK! You guessed it right--he got sprayed! I got in trouble because I fell down on the grass rolling around and laughing and saying "it served him right cause he is mean to kitties" Think I was about 6 or 7....
i STILL think it served him right....and NOBODY wanted to be around him for many days, even with tomato juice baths.Not sure he ever lived that one down....