Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: We have been adopted

We have been adopted

We have been adopted ....cannot open the door without him coming in... he even came in during the night through a bedroom window .... if he continues to sit on my sewing he will be evicted !!!
    Name:  PC040038.JPG
Views: 2341
Size:  144.7 KBName:  PC040037.JPG
Views: 2337
Size:  141.7 KB
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-10-2014 at 12:27 PM. Reason: language

Blog Entries
    Awwww, he just wants to help you out by keeping your tools warm!

It is a blessing to be chosen by such a nice kitty.

Aw, how handsome! A new quilt inspector has arrived. Bless you both
    Kookie (Patti)

Blog Entries
    That's awesome. You might have to train him to stay out of your sewing room but he must feel safe there. We recently had a report on the news about a cat that adopted a family several yrs ago when their son was a baby. He was about 4 or 5 at time of report but was out front walking his bike and a neighbor's watch dog came out and attacked the kid and was dragging him down the drive way when out of no where came this cat and knocked the dog on his behind parts and continued to chase the dog until he was out of sight. You just never know what animals or people are brought into our lives for. I love calico cats. Mine is about 13 yrs old and we'll miss her when she's gone. We got her from the SPCA. She stays out of my sewing room but that didn't come naturally
    Judy

Blog Entries
    Here's the "guard cat" video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVH02Btmwhk

Blog Entries
    wow, you are lucky to b chosen by him to be his new family. it won't be long b4 you're tippy toeing around him to let him sleep.
    what's his name?
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

What a beautiful kitty. He looks well taken care of. I love having my kitties around while I'm sewing.
    Everyone can't be Irish, somebody has to drive.

Too cute! He knew you needed a portable iron to flatten out your stuff ...

Being chosen by a kitty is a pretty great thing!! Congratulations, he looks very sweet. And anyone who minds a little cat hair in/on my quilts... Well, they don't get one!! ;-)

How beautiful! You know, they say that animals know who the kindest hearts are, so your being chosen is a wonderful reflection on you and yours.

P.S. We recently had a cat who kept trying to move out. We knew where he was going and would walk down and "rescue" him. We just let him know how much we loved him, gave him extra treats whenever he was around and gave him a space of his own-- part of the problem was our new kitten, and the dog we adopted a year and a half ago. Anyway, the point being, I just kept saying, if he did move out, I wanted him to find someone who would love him as much as we do, would be kind to him, and take good care of him. I was heartbroken but wanted him to be happy. Lucky for us, he decided we actually *are* his forever home and he hasn't left in a good long while.

Blog Entries
    You don't sound to pleased to be adopted. What a beautiful cat that seems to just want some company. I would be thrilled. The affection of any animal out weighs any quilt in my book.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

What a beauty! My cats LOVE my sewing room. They sleep on top of the design wall, and we fight over who gets the sewing chair. I wouldn't trade them for the world!

awe!!! what an honor he/she is beautiful ,should be glad it wasn't a prowler going through the window he looks healthy well kept maybe he got lost and is looking to you to help find his owner

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Such a pretty cat. I hope you come to love having him around and learn to love him as much as he seems to appreciate you and your home. If he were afraid of you and just wanted a 'room' or safety, he would likely not be in the spaces you often occupy.

Wish one like that would adopt me! My male black cat with white 'bib, Ascot, is definitely showing his age this summer and I have sad anxiety for the day when he chooses to leave us. That will leave only the female tuxedo kitty, Pearl, (who we believe was his 'daughter') and who is approximately 6-7 years old. They sleep together in side-by-side little cat 'beds' on the front porch table and eat together from a double food dish; she (and I) will be so lonely when Ascot is gone.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

When I was very young the boys living behind us were mistreating their cat, so my mother went over to their mother and said if her children did stop mistreating the cat she would take it. They had gotten a Siamese and no longer cared about the big yellow tom cat - so Fluff cat became ours. He ruled the neighborhood and paid his appreciation by killing rats and then lining them up in the driveway in the middle of the night. (We lived in a new housing development then.) When we moved from Kansas to Washington 6 years later, Fluffy went to live with my grandparents out in Wichita, then moved again. He lived to be 19 even though he was an outdoors cat. He remembered us - whenever I was in Kansas visiting, he would still come and sit on my lap. Let's say he was not a cuddling cat, but he was with me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    Here's the "guard cat" video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVH02Btmwhk
    I didn't know there was a youtube but there usually is. I just thought this was the greatest thing. It shows that alot of people under estimate animals especially cats. I had a kitten before I had my first son and after he was born that kitten wouldn't let anyone she didn't know into the house. I'm glad they did a video on this, its a story that should be out there for all to see. I wasn't sure where it happened but was aired on our local tv. I'll watch it again after I get off work, no youtube videos allowed here
    Judy

My first interaction with a cat was Roscoe, looked exactly like your "new" family member.. Now we have three....R lived to be 23...... I have found that I prefer cats to dogs....less dependent but just as much company......

Power Poster
    Well it looks like you now have a cat. You might as well stock up on cat food because he looks like he's making himself comfortable. I hope he's a he and that you are not going to be the recipient of a litter of kittens as well.

He/She looks to healthy to be a stray have you asked at local vets if anyone has lost him/her?

I wish one would adopt me. I want one so bad but now is not the time to get a new pet, however, if one came calling I wouldn't turn it away.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

QM
    He is a beauty. I had some trouble convincing my quilt inspector that the sewing machine table was not for cats. That is a dangerous place for them.

Only good people are adopted by cats. You are lucky to be the recipient of such a nice fellow and a quilt inspector too!

He is beautiful. So glad he found you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast