Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
We need rain here in New York State! >

We need rain here in New York State!

We need rain here in New York State!

Old 07-09-2012, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by SheilaAnne View Post
I think we must be having all the rain in the UK! Never known so much water - floods, bruised plants and flowers from the force of the rain, very little warmth or sun! I have to check the weather forecast to decide when to take my little dogs out - they are white mini bichons so getting soaked is something I try to avoid when I can as it is so much work getting them cleaned up and dried off! Hope you get some rain soon, Sheila
SheilaAnne - I have sent you a Visitor message - Would love to chat more !
DottyD
Old 07-09-2012, 08:57 AM

Sane here in Ontario as well our lawn both front and back is extremely burnt from all the heat and all of my vegetables are burnt I've basically lost most of my garden. The only thing that isn't burnt are the plants requiring shade. Plus we can't fill our pool either because of the water ban. I'm so ready for the rain but it won't be coming this week as the temps will be climbing each day until Sunday.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:59 AM

We need rain in Kentucky! It has been 104 to 108 for the past 2 weeks!
Old 07-09-2012, 11:17 AM

Pam I know how you feel we were in Savannah for 2 weeks it was always 102 - 106 and then add humidity to it, so for us if we wanted to do or go somewhere we had to do it first thing in the morning, because by 1 you couldn't be out doors. I wanted to go to Jinny Beyers studio and they were closed up due to the storms that took the power out, we got lucky though the day we were leaving to return home Jinny finally got her power back the day before so I got to go in there she had so many beautiful fabrics it was hard to choose just one - so 3 yds later along with 3 patterns and a bottle of Best Press I was happy!
Old 07-09-2012, 12:16 PM

I really understand how you all feel! After our drought last year in Texas, we bless every drop of rain we get. My area of Houston had a "gullywasher" this afternoon. I was getting my car inspected and the man at the service station commented how wonderful the rain was. We are not taking it for granted. I do pray that all of you will get some rain and relief from your temperatures soon!
Old 07-09-2012, 12:32 PM

All of my annual flowers have dried up. Either I water too much or not enough. I just gave up on them. I keep watering everything else but it is suprising what a difference a "real rain" makes.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:36 PM

Here in Indiana the crops are suffering DH says when the corn stalks start to look white they are dying. We are way down on rainfall, never had to water the trees to keep them from dying. Always wondered if in my lifetime I would see a crop failure........... hope not. Dh says food prices are going to skyrocket more than ever before. Wants me to buy up cases of vegetables, says it will save more than 1% interest in the bank...................
Old 07-09-2012, 12:44 PM

Just today I realized that our lawn is totally dead under all the trees. Pretty soon the rest of the lawn will be dead too if we don't get some rain. This heat and humidity are hard on my health. So for those of you who suffer physically from this weather I totally understand. Praying for those who are experiencing the devastation of fire and drought.

Kat in NY