We should be

Old 04-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Banned

Careful what we say.

I know this is all a family friendly board but in 'googling; a search for what certain terms mean I did some other random searching and found.....
We all need to be careful what we say. If you google the 'title' of our topics you will find the thread they are on. I Googled my The Ultimate Pin Cushion and it took me straight to two sites the second one was my instructions!

Cool, but scary.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Google Goddess

yes, anything we post is on the worldwide web
Old 04-10-2010, 04:45 PM

Yes! I agree! Plus this is an open forum, so threads can be read by anyone. Some forums require a login before you can even read the threads.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:47 PM

I used AOL search on dsb38327 and it shows an update I did on Quiltingboard. I did QuiltingGrannie and also got hits.
Nothing on the internet is private. Not much in the world is private anymore.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Power Poster

So true. We are on the world wide web and sometimes that is easy to forget.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:32 PM

Another thing about google....if you google your phone number, it not only tells your address, it gives a map to your house! SCAREY!!!! There is an option to have it removed though. I went through and removed everyone in my family.
Carol B
Old 04-11-2010, 06:58 AM

I am glad you can find it by a google search. I would have never discovered this board without the google search.

It is like anything else, you should never put too much info. That is why I am not on facebook anymore, I had very little info and they still hacked my facebook friends and family. My sister has been wanting me to get back on, but while I was visiting her last week she also got hacked.

I don't think we have to worry too much about this site. Most people don't even put the state they live in, which I would love it if we could see where everyone was from.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Power Poster

Most of what we worry about doesn't come true and if it does it isn't as bad as we worried about. Could just hid in a closet, maybe wouldn't be found there.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Power Poster

My Daughter googled all our names and we all came up, with name a city we live in. She googled my maiden name (I haven't been that for over 48 yr.s) and it came up with my full name and birthdate, and where I was born. City,Couny,State, and Government sells names and addresses, and some phone numbers, that is how you get all the junk mail. I signed up for medicare a month ago and have been bombarded with medicare advantage information and even got a phone call on it. I am on the do not call list and should calls like this. If you are alive you can be found. I know S.S. sold my name because the had my middle name on it and my birthdate. Daughter belongs to Ancestry.Com and they information on everyone.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Power Poster

My Daughter googled all our names and we all came up, with name a city we live in. She googled my maiden name (I haven't been that for over 48 yr.s) and it came up with my full name and birthdate, and where I was born. City,Couny,State, and Government sells names and addresses, and some phone numbers, that is how you get all the junk mail. I signed up for medicare a month ago and have been bombarded with medicare advantage information and even got a phone call on it. I am on the do not call list and should calls like this. If you are alive you can be found. I know S.S. sold my name because the had my middle name on it and my birthdate. Daughter belongs to Ancestry.Com and they information on everyone.