we want to relocate

Old 02-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Power Poster

My son lives in Atlanta and I would move there in a heartbeat. Hubs not ready to make a move. We would live in one of the suburbs, but here are my reasons: 1. Four nice seasons. 2. Airline hub. 3. Access to good medical care. 4. No hurricanes. Here we do get the hurricanes. I know the Atlanta area gets tornadoes, but so do we here. Also we never get tired of what there is to offer in the Atlanta area, and of course I try and go to the big quilt shows.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:33 AM

As far as weather goes the California coast cant be beat. I lived most of my life there and only had one earthquake that a few pictures fell off the wall. Im now 73 and live in AZ. Love the mountains here and only a 3 hr drive to Phoenix and the heat of summer. Summers are very hot but winters are perfect. But now live in the pines with winter snows and perfect summers.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Power Poster

DH and I want to retire right in the middle of a big tourist town close to water. Always something to do and new things happening. And something for the kids to do when they visit to give them a great vacation destination with free room and board.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:27 PM

Interesting threat for me! We are Active Duty Army and still have about 6 years to go until military retirement. My hubby will be in 30 years then and they will throw him out LOL My family is all in Germany and he is not very close to his family so we do not have to look out for family. We lived in Florida for 10 years and still own a house there but I really missed the seasons when we lived there so I do not want to retire there. We had looked at NC and TN. For us it will depend on the local job market, good access to hospitals and close proximity to a military base.