Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Old 08-09-2010, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Terryl
Missy swing by Florida and pick me up on your way to CAROLJ's as I too love salmon. :) :) Thanks, T
Salmon is so so good and so so good for us. How do you prepare yours? I steam mine with veggies and serve over whole grain pasta or brown rice. I buy mine in a 6 pack (6 oz individually frozen filets) at Sams for about $23.00. Every filet is 6 oz so it makes it much easier for me to figure my caloric intake. Oh, I hate fish skin and the filets are all skin-free, so that is a real plus for me.

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-94573.jpe  
Old 08-09-2010, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
After dinner we could all sit by the pool.
Now the pool sounds refreshing!!

Missy
Old 08-09-2010, 01:36 PM

Well last nite I didnt go to the store, I dug out some broccoli which I steamed and added Sesame Ginger dressing and had low sodium ham sandwich. I dont have kids so Im lucky. Mostly, I only stock what I am going to eat in my fridge. If you get the munchies at my house, you are in trouble. The problem is that I eat out all the time and with my hip I dont exercise enough.

I cheated like mad at lunch today. It was evil (roast beef with blue cheese on some ciabatta plus real kettle potato chips) but I could not help it. I was going out with a friend to one of my favorite sandwich shops and it was my turn to buy. I wasnt going to buy him something mouth-watering and buy myself a veggie wrap. Im not eating dinner so maybe it will even out.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by seamstome
Well last nite I didnt go to the store, I dug out some broccoli which I steamed and added Sesame Ginger dressing and had low sodium ham sandwich. I dont have kids so Im lucky. Mostly, I only stock what I am going to eat in my fridge. If you get the munchies at my house, you are in trouble. The problem is that I eat out all the time and with my hip I dont exercise enough.

I cheated like mad at lunch today. It was evil (roast beef with blue cheese on some ciabatta plus real kettle potato chips) but I could not help it. I was going out with a friend to one of my favorite sandwich shops and it was my turn to buy. I wasnt going to buy him something mouth-watering and buy myself a veggie wrap. Im not eating dinner so maybe it will even out.
Ahh ok. You need to have something for dinner. Fruit? Veggie? Hard boiled egg? Something...Skipping meals is not a good way to lose weight. Ask me how I know.

Missy
Old 08-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by seamstome
7 1/2 and 4 plus pounds. Great! My goal is to lose 25 pounds by December 15 when I have my hip surgery. That's a little over a pound a week and this week I nailed three so I'm thrilled. The closer I am to my medically ideal weight, the easier the post surgery rehab.

I dont cook so my broccoli casserole is some frozen thing, nothing exciting but it's 330 a serving and I had a serving and a half yesterday (500 calories) and have the same amount leftover.
Wow is the 7 1/2 and 4 or 11 1/2 since August 1st. Be careful you don't want to be unhealthy.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Banned

I check this everyday and it is really encouraging to see how everyone is doing and it also keeps me eating healthier with very positive results. I feel that I have some accountability to here without the stress if that makes any sense. Really glad that I joined in on the challenge. I plan on keeping up with the healthier eating until I am where I should be which I haven't seen in decades. Thanks for all the helpful hints and recipes and joking. :-D Good luck to everyone with your progress.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
I check this everyday and it is really encouraging to see how everyone is doing and it also keeps me eating healthier with very positive results. I feel that I have some accountability to here without the stress if that makes any sense. Really glad that I joined in on the challenge. I plan on keeping up with the healthier eating until I am where I should be which I haven't seen in decades. Thanks for all the helpful hints and recipes and joking. :-D Good luck to everyone with your progress.
I haven't joined a challenge yet but I'm also eating healthy and trying to do so EVERY DAY. So I check here often, just for the inspiration and continuing support. You're a great group.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by StitchinJoy
Originally Posted by candlequilter
I haven't joined a challenge yet but I'm also eating healthy and trying to do so EVERY DAY. So I check here often, just for the inspiration and continuing support. You're a great group.
You are so right. This is a great group!

Missy
Old 08-09-2010, 05:53 PM

hey gals, remember, success is not final, Failure is not fatal.It is the courage to continue that counts.
hope you all are really trying to be healthy.
jacie
Old 08-09-2010, 06:17 PM

Trying to lose weight with WW. Had lost 25 pounds but this summer I have put on 4. I seem to lose it, gain it and lose it again. I am camping here with a group now and it seems all is centered around food.

I fell into a trap while playing cards this evening, someone asked me if we should have cinnamon rolls for the group. I said that would be fine as I would have already had my breakfast by then, 9AM, she gave me the rolls and said she did not have pan to bake them in. One of the other gals offered her their pan and of course she already had me!!!!

I also have a WW blackberry cobbler to make tomorrow and a meat loaf. Both will require use of the convection oven and the air is running like crazy because it is so hot.

Live and learn, next time I will tell her I don't care what you do as I do not eat them anyway.

Sorry to vent on your board.