Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Old 08-14-2010, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Missy, I googled "thong retrieval" but it didn't show a calories count. ;-) Although laughing 15 minutes can burn 10 - 40 calories. I would laugh that long watching you.
I guess then I am to assume that you will burn more calories busting your gut laughing at me then I will trying to retrieve a string out of my nether region. Hmm.

I dunno. I kinda think that if I actually was able to put a thong on that I would wonder if that thong would make my butt look fat. Then I would end up looking like a dog chasing his tail trying to reach back there to retieve this God forsaken device.

AND guess what? YOU will still be burning calories laughing at me!

Now that is a heckuva deal, don't ya think?

Hehe!

Missy
Old 08-14-2010, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by seamstome
Seamstome is a person...me! Thanks! I can tell a little. My conmforty capris from a few weeks ago feel a little baggy. Not much but just a little. My goal is to be able to pull these off without unbuttoning them.

Yes you need to vary your caloric intake just a little like you need to change exercise routines to get your body to react. Where I get in trouble over the weekend is that I have too much time on my hands so I nosh all day versus during the week my day is structured.
Holy moley---do I feel stupid. Sorry, Seamstome.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
I forgot to tell you Seamstome, good for you on your weight loss, 5.5 ponds is a goodly amount!
What is Seamstome?
Donna, it's a poster's moniker. Stay cool today. The news shows it's going to start heating up again. It's hot here, but below the average, and the humidity is gone. It's been in the 70s in the morning. Generally we're at 115+. I remember nights when it's still 110 at bedtime. This summer has been kind this year.
Yes, it's going to heat up again. UGH!! My hubby and I went to Ventura yesterday and they have had foggy, cold weather for 2 months. June is usually their cool month but apparently, it was their warm month this year. It was so nice to be able to wear a sweater and socks!! You stay cool too because your weather is hotter than us. Donna
Old 08-14-2010, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Missy, I googled "thong retrieval" but it didn't show a calories count. ;-) Although laughing 15 minutes can burn 10 - 40 calories. I would laugh that long watching you.
I guess then I am to assume that you will burn more calories busting your gut laughing at me then I will trying to retrieve a string out of my nether region. Hmm.

I dunno. I kinda think that if I actually was able to put a thong on that I would wonder if that thong would make my butt look fat. Then I would end up looking like a dog chasing his tail trying to reach back there to retieve this God forsaken device.

AND guess what? YOU will still be burning calories laughing at me!

Now that is a heckuva deal, don't ya think?

Hehe!

Missy
Works for me!
Old 08-14-2010, 04:42 PM

I only purchase produce from Winder Farms or Sumida's Fruit Stand. It is cheaper and lasts longer than anything Walmart or SMith's has. My family eats what is in season and here in Utah, about the time you can't look at another cantalope, the apples are in season. I save lots of money doing it this way. No, we don't have fresh tomatoes in January, but I have cherry tomatoes from my indoor garden. It isn't enough for every day, but they sure taste good on Sunday in a salad. I also can things that are in season. That means a little more work in the summer and fall, but neaerly fresh food the rest of the year. This year has been hard with my back problens, but my girls wanted to learn how, so they are helping (doing) with me.

What I don't can I freeze or dry and store. I know exactly what is in that jar and Sumida's is an organic farm. Got too much zucchini...use your electric grater and shred it up. Most zucchini bread calls for a cup and 1 tsp of salt. Measure it out into ziploc bags and place in the freezer. Now, you can make zucchini bread for all your friends for Christmas. How wonderful is that?

At the end of the season, don't uproot those tomato plants and throw them away. Hang them upside down in the garage. The tomatos will ripen. Just think, you can serve fresh tomato salad on Thanksgiving. Yummy

I buy very little from the store. The butcher, the Winder Farms delivery, Schawn's delivery, The Grainery, and the fruit stand...That is where I spend my money.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
I only purchase produce from Winder Farms or Sumida's Fruit Stand. It is cheaper and lasts longer than anything Walmart or SMith's has. My family eats what is in season and here in Utah, about the time you can't look at another cantalope, the apples are in season. I save lots of money doing it this way. No, we don't have fresh tomatoes in January, but I have cherry tomatoes from my indoor garden. It isn't enough for every day, but they sure taste good on Sunday in a salad. I also can things that are in season. That means a little more work in the summer and fall, but neaerly fresh food the rest of the year. This year has been hard with my back problens, but my girls wanted to learn how, so they are helping (doing) with me.

What I don't can I freeze or dry and store. I know exactly what is in that jar and Sumida's is an organic farm. Got too much zucchini...use your electric grater and shred it up. Most zucchini bread calls for a cup and 1 tsp of salt. Measure it out into ziploc bags and place in the freezer. Now, you can make zucchini bread for all your friends for Christmas. How wonderful is that?

At the end of the season, don't uproot those tomato plants and throw them away. Hang them upside down in the garage. The tomatos will ripen. Just think, you can serve fresh tomato salad on Thanksgiving. Yummy

I buy very little from the store. The butcher, the Winder Farms delivery, Schawn's delivery, The Grainery, and the fruit stand...That is where I spend my money.
You have a very good and healthful habits for your family. I go to Safeway three times a week now for produce. I buy the staples only a couple times a month. But, meat and chicken and fish I purchase when I am out and need to replinish the stash.

Tonight, in fact, I am going to the store to buy more produce. I so love the fresh stuff but as we are nearing the end of summer here I am starting to buy more and freeze what I am not going to use right away.

We are going to Taco Bell for dinner (drive thru). So, I went to their website and looked at the nutritional information and have determined that the pintos 'n cheese and mexican rice (total 300 calories) is going to be a good choice. I will get two of each.

I ordered another unwich with triple the veggies (100 calories) and added 3 oz baked chicken (225 calories) and used Newman's Own light dressing (175 calories) for lunch.

Breakfast was 3/4 c Quaker Corn Bran cereal with 1/2 c skim milk (130 calories total). I was out of Almond Milk or I would have used that.

For snack, a corn vitatop (100 calories) and 4 cups popcorn (120 calories)

So, if I eat those things from Taco Bell I should finish out at about +/- 1200 calories.

I hope everyone is having a good Saturday. I just finished reading another website about people with "invisible" disabilities. FASCINATING!

Anyway, take care and peace to all...

Missy, who never ever wants to see my dinner plate look like this...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-97385.jpe  
Old 08-14-2010, 05:19 PM

OK, I've been grazing today and yesterday and the day before... I'm not going near the scales.... I need to exercise but with it 105...even inside it's too hot to exercise....
Old 08-14-2010, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
OK, I've been grazing today and yesterday and the day before... I'm not going near the scales.... I need to exercise but with it 105...even inside it's too hot to exercise....
Omigosh!! 105?! It has not even reached 70 today. We are supposed to get to 90 by the end of the week but we shall see.

I am sorry it is so hot for you Leota. I feel you about the exercise thing. I need to also and have been struggling with motivation. Monday morning I will be at that pool walking at 6:30am then to get my meds and come home! I will probably collaspe when I get home though. LOL!

Missy
Old 08-14-2010, 05:32 PM

I'm just praying I haven't gained all the weight I lost in July.
:(
Old 08-14-2010, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
I'm just praying I haven't gained all the weight I lost in July.
:(
I understand that!! After I got home from vacation and I had gained 7+ pounds I was mortified. Now with the weigh in at the hospital this week I am just praying and praying that I will have lost at least one pound. Ugh. I so hate this part of the weight loss program.

Missy