Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

Old 02-11-2011, 06:33 AM

Thank you everyone for the prayers and thoughts! I will be leaving Sunday morning for Sioux Falls. We will spend the night in a hotel and then go to see the doctor the next morning. I am trying to relax. It is just hard for me. I promise to write in to y'all to tell you how it went Monday evening when we get home.

I love you guys bunches!!
Old 02-11-2011, 07:00 AM

I purchased an autobiography of Julie Andrews and at one point, she had gain quite a bit of weight and someone told her to 1/2 what she at. If she usually ate two potatoes to eat only one, if she had two servings of cake to cut down to one...that way she was not depriving herself any of her favorite foods and was getting the nutrients and calories she needed...
I started doing this at the beginning of this week and I have dropped another pound! :D
I have also started walking on the treadmill... not fast... a nice leisurely stroll at about 1.5 - 2.0 mph... I can still talk on the phone and I can walk longer than if I try to go at 3 - 3.5 mph where I get tired, sore and can't/don't want to do anything for the rest of the day.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:34 AM

For those that do not know...I am a very active person in the educating of my community about HIV/AIDS. Remember 80% of HIV transmission is sexual. Love safely this Valentines Day!

http://on.fb.me/fanRj2

Now back to your regularly scheduled conversation!!

Missy
Old 02-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Banned

Wednesdays and Fridays are hard for me. I don't eat meat on those days and I am allergic to fish so never know what to eat, mostly for dinner I don't know what to eat.
Today I had 1/2 serving of grits for breakfast with a cup of tea.
Lunch with be split pea soup but for dinner I can't decide if I want grilled cheese with tomatoe and oven baked fries or pits pizza. If you have never had grilled cheese it is so good. You put sliced tomoatos between the slices on cheese. The tomaotes get all nice and warm and with the gooey cheese all melted around the tomaotes yuummmmmmooo. I haven't had grilled cheese in awhile I might just have that with 3 bean salad and a pickle.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Wednesdays and Fridays are hard for me. I don't eat meat on those days and I am allergic to fish so never know what to eat, mostly for dinner I don't know what to eat.
Today I had 1/2 serving of grits for breakfast with a cup of tea.
Lunch with be split pea soup but for dinner I can't decide if I want grilled cheese with tomatoe and oven baked fries or pits pizza. If you have never had grilled cheese it is so good. You put sliced tomoatos between the slices on cheese. The tomaotes get all nice and warm and with the gooey cheese all melted around the tomaotes yuummmmmmooo. I haven't had grilled cheese in awhile I might just have that with 3 bean salad and a pickle.
That sounds yummy!! Do you make the salad yourself or do you buy it premade? I love bean salad.

Missy
Old 02-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Banned

Carrie......the foot is still red and itchy this is over 2 weeks since it happened I thought it would have benn better by now.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Carrie......the foot is still red and itchy this is over 2 weeks since it happened I thought it would have benn better by now.
Itchy means it's starting to heal finally!
Old 02-11-2011, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Good morning my friends. It's a new day and hopefully it be a great day. I'm going to Paducah tomorrow to meet another QB member. YAY! I'm meeting izaquilter at Hancocks and then we will visit some of the other quilt shops in paducah too. I'm looking forward to it. I need a break.
Have a great time tomorrow!

I'm so happy to say my knee has felt better today. No heavy cement feeling. So, I guess the cortisone injection is helping. I just hope it last longer than 2 days, as before. I will think POSITIVE. I've walked standing straighter today; not limping so bad I look hump backed. Even been able to walk all day without my cane. Yeah!!!!! Hope everyone has a good weekend. Sandy
Old 02-11-2011, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Thank you everyone for the prayers and thoughts! I will be leaving Sunday morning for Sioux Falls. We will spend the night in a hotel and then go to see the doctor the next morning. I am trying to relax. It is just hard for me. I promise to write in to y'all to tell you how it went Monday evening when we get home.

I love you guys bunches!!
I hope all goes well for you. Think POSITIVE. Know you have many prayers going up for you. Big hugs, Sandy
Old 02-11-2011, 02:19 PM

I wanted to thank everyone who has sent me a F4 for January's weight lose. I wasn't thinking and thru out the envelopes(not writing down names). Most didn't put their user name on the envelope so I don't know who to thanks. So thank you if you sent me one.