Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

Old 03-01-2011, 07:26 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Well holy cow Carol done it again!! You go girl. DonnaD fabulous job. I want both addies, i will pm Donna later, I have carols already. Woohoo you 2 great job.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaD
Hey, y'all. I had some awful news today. I'm an RN and today I talked to the doctor that does the lap-band and gastric bypass surgeries for a hospital in St. Louis. He was down here doing a seminar for ladies interested in getting either one done.

I told him I had thought of having one or the other done in the past, but had never followed through. While I was talking to him I was drinking a diet Dr. Pepper. He said "Well, I wouldn't do either on you until you swore to never drink another soda". I said but I only drink diet sodas. He said "Doesn't matter. Soda keeps you fat. The carbonation keeps your stomach stretched, which means it takes more food to make you feel full. If you have either one of the surgeries and drink soda it will stretch your new reduced-size stomach and when it does you will lose all the benefit from having surgery". Now, I've heard that drinking diet soda was not good if you were on a diet because it kept you from losing your desire for sweets, but I never heard
this. He explained a lot more about it but bottom line is soda prevents you from losing weight by causing you to eat more. It makes sense. If I get an upset stomach I'll drink a soda as fast as I can so that I can burp like a truckdriver and feel better. Breaks my heart to think I have to give up my sodas. What in the world will I do without them? Drink water?
I will tell you this, if you stop drinking soda, you will feel so much better. I stopped drinking caffeine over 10 years ago and I have stopped all soda now for almost a year. I feel so much better. We drink water or caffeine free tea. The best thing you can do for your body is to stop the soda and feel better. I know you can do it, I did. At one time I was drinking 6 or more sodas a day. Because of this thread I am now losing the weight as well. I have lost now 6 pounds in the last month. I feel better with just that much off. I will pray for your ability to stop drinking soda and wish you the very best. I am here for you!!
Old 03-01-2011, 08:11 AM

I went to a nutritionist to help me get back on track and she told me: after 8:00pm no food goes in your mouth.
It's hard but it does work.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
Edie,
I was at Walmart today and they had some of the walking DVD's there. I am not sure what one is ment for beginners but I got one that has 4 different 1 mile walks each geared to different parts of the body, so hopefully they are easy enough for a beginner! Thanks for telling us about them. ;-)
Are they walking in the house? Duhhhh, read back Edie. Dvds are in the house! Sorry about that. Just look for Leslie Sansone. She is not real high intensity, so that you hurt or anything. Because with her you do not. Her first one is called One Mile Walk, and then she has a Walk and Tone and then a Two Mile walk and then a Three Mile Walk. I hope this helps and good luck! Edie
Old 03-01-2011, 08:31 AM

Congrats CarolJ and DonnaD on winning the Feb weight lose! Keep up the good work! Please count me in for March. This is working!!
Old 03-01-2011, 11:17 AM

Good morning. (2:00 pm) The stomach virus some of you had earlier this month worked it way through the airways to N Mich. I was up all night and most of the morning very sick. Not the way I expected to celebrate my birthday. I just called my oldest daughter to cancel my family dinner at a very nice restraurant and make sure no one comes near the house. This is a biggy with a 0 on it, so who knows what they were up to.

Congratulations, Carol and DonnaD. 12 pounds is amazing.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Banned

Oh I am so sorry you are sick for the big ?0 {{{{{{hugs}}}}}hope you are feeling better soon.

Did you forget to sign up for March or are you not doing the challenge this month?
Old 03-01-2011, 08:21 PM

Congrats to both of you ladies---CarolJ and DonnaD. Will pm both of you ladies.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:49 PM

Congrats to Donna Lynn and Carol. Good job, gals. And Happy Birthday, Irishrose. Donna G
Old 03-02-2011, 05:34 AM

Way to go Carol and Donna!!! Lots of hard work has paid off. Happy Birthday Irishrose, so sorry you are sick. Hope it passes quickly.