Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign >
  • weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

• weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

Old 07-09-2010, 07:44 AM

How did your day go today Missy? I hope things were more positive. My thoughts were with you today. Carol
    Old 07-09-2010, 08:04 AM

Missy Good luck and hang in there.
    Me I have to have surgery too. I have a hiatal hernia and My stomach is all twisted and knoted. I'm just waiting for the date right now. Sure am going to lose the weight now. I have to be on liquids for 2 to 3 weeks, than soft foods for a while. Then I can eat normal. This is the hard way to lose weight.
    Old 07-09-2010, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    How did your day go today Missy? I hope things were more positive. My thoughts were with you today. Carol
    CarolJ,

I am so disappointed right now. I spent another three hours at the psychologist's office. After all of the interview she said that she wants to see me again in September but would not agree to the surgery until at least January, if she agrees to it at all.

I am heartbroken. I have worked so very hard on this diet/exercise thing and also on my mental health. She focused alot on my "extensive psychiatric history" instead of focusing on ME and what I have done since the last time I was in the hospital (Feb 2009).

*sigh*

I just want to crawl into my bed and cry.

Missy
    Old 07-09-2010, 10:13 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    CarolJ,

I am so disappointed right now. I spent another three hours at the psychologist's office. After all of the interview she said that she wants to see me again in September but would not agree to the surgery until at least January, if she agrees to it at all.

I am heartbroken. I have worked so very hard on this diet/exercise thing and also on my mental health. She focused alot on my "extensive psychiatric history" instead of focusing on ME and what I have done since the last time I was in the hospital (Feb 2009).

*sigh*

Missy
    Oh Missy things will work out you can't give up hope. If I gave up hope where would I be. I hope one day DD will be able to have a life and not forget everything. I hope one day I could get in a car and go someplace, anyplace and not have vertigo or lose my hearing. My vertigo is so bad the past 2 days I can't even get out of bed, I will move over and you can crawl in with me and we could cry together.
    Old 07-09-2010, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    CarolJ,

*sigh*

Missy
    Oh Missy things will work out you can't give up hope. If I gave up hope where would I be. I hope one day DD will be able to have a life and not forget everything. I hope one day I could get in a car and go someplace, anyplace and not have vertigo or lose my hearing. My vertigo is so bad the past 2 days I can't even get out of bed, I will move over and you can crawl in with me and we could cry together.
    I am already there! I will bring the tissues.

Missy
    Old 07-09-2010, 10:50 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    CarolJ,

*sigh*

Missy
    I am already there! I will bring the tissues.

Missy
    Bring some hand work you never kown maybe we will sew in bed.
    Old 07-09-2010, 10:53 AM

[/quote]

Bring some hand work you never kown maybe we will sew in bed.[/quote]

I can do that!

Missy
    Old 07-09-2010, 10:55 AM

Keep that chin up. Things have a way of working out so don't give up. I'm praying for you. And untill than here are some Hugs.
    Old 07-09-2010, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
    Keep that chin up. Things have a way of working out so don't give up. I'm praying for you. And untill than here are some Hugs.
    Thank you so much. Those hugs are greatly appreciated right now.

Missy
    Old 07-09-2010, 11:27 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
    Missy Good luck and hang in there.
    Me I have to have surgery too. I have a hiatal hernia and My stomach is all twisted and knoted. I'm just waiting for the date right now. Sure am going to lose the weight now. I have to be on liquids for 2 to 3 weeks, than soft foods for a while. Then I can eat normal. This is the hard way to lose weight.
    please keep us posted as to when the surgery will be. hang in there. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: