Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

We had such a good meal today. Just my folks me and 2 of my kids, it was kind of nice to have a small family get together. My Dh had to work but told me to make sure to bring him turkey dinner home. I did real good and didn't pig out. Hope you all had a wonderful day too.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
We had such a good meal today. Just my folks me and 2 of my kids, it was kind of nice to have a small family get together. My Dh had to work but told me to make sure to bring him turkey dinner home. I did real good and didn't pig out. Hope you all had a wonderful day too.
I'm glad you had a good time.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:27 PM

We just got home from Nebraska. It was great. We had a modest meal nothing fancy but nice. I did not over do it either.

I am glad to be home. I am still sick with head crap but hopefully (since I went to walgreens) the Nyquil will clear my head enough so I can sleep.

I have the worst allergies in the entire world (insert dramatics)! I am allergic to Christmas trees and the wreaths and all that stuff. I feel like utter poo and need some relief.

Ok dramatics are now over.

I am happy to be home and now we can all resume our regularly scheduled programming.

Missy
Old 11-25-2010, 08:03 PM

I'm so proud of you!!! We had a great Thanksgiving and a wonderful meal and unfortunately I totally pigged out..LOL! Oh well...there is always December ;)

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Old 11-26-2010, 02:32 AM
Banned

Wow I just spent the last 2 hours reading all the posts that I have missed while I was gone to Disney World with my DS and DDIL. We had a wonderful time if you don't count the horrible cold that I came down with 2 days before we left. Anyway it was great spending time with my son and celebrating his 30th birthday together in Disney World. That is such an awesome place, I had never been to any of the Disney parks before so I was just totally blown away. I will always cherish the memories from that trip. Got home after being in 82 degree weather to 30 degree temps here. Then the snow started flying the next day. Then the power went out for 36 hours and temperatures in the teens for the highs. Was a couple of miserable days, but made it okay and everything is back on now. Was able to cook Thanksgiving dinner without any problems today. Had mixed feelings all day today because last Thanksgiving I had spent in the hospital with my dad after he fell and broke his hip and had to have hip replacement surgery 3 days later. He ended up passing away on Christmas Eve last year so I am really dreading this whole holiday season coming up. It was such a hard time last year and it doesn't really feel like it is going to be any easier this year. I know he is in a better place now but boy I sure miss him. Plus, I just don't feel right about being jolly when it is around the time that he past away. He had such a rough time the last month of his life it just shadows over everything else now remembering it. I was lucky to get to spend so much time with him last year as I would drive down 3 to 4 times a week to spend the day with him in the nursing home. I found out more things about my dad during those times than I had ever known. How do you handle rough times like this during the holidays?
Old 11-26-2010, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
Wow I just spent the last 2 hours reading all the posts that I have missed while I was gone to Disney World with my DS and DDIL. We had a wonderful time if you don't count the horrible cold that I came down with 2 days before we left. Anyway it was great spending time with my son and celebrating his 30th birthday together in Disney World. That is such an awesome place, I had never been to any of the Disney parks before so I was just totally blown away. I will always cherish the memories from that trip. Got home after being in 82 degree weather to 30 degree temps here. Then the snow started flying the next day. Then the power went out for 36 hours and temperatures in the teens for the highs. Was a couple of miserable days, but made it okay and everything is back on now. Was able to cook Thanksgiving dinner without any problems today. Had mixed feelings all day today because last Thanksgiving I had spent in the hospital with my dad after he fell and broke his hip and had to have hip replacement surgery 3 days later. He ended up passing away on Christmas Eve last year so I am really dreading this whole holiday season coming up. It was such a hard time last year and it doesn't really feel like it is going to be any easier this year. I know he is in a better place now but boy I sure miss him. Plus, I just don't feel right about being jolly when it is around the time that he past away. He had such a rough time the last month of his life it just shadows over everything else now remembering it. I was lucky to get to spend so much time with him last year as I would drive down 3 to 4 times a week to spend the day with him in the nursing home. I found out more things about my dad during those times than I had ever known. How do you handle rough times like this during the holidays?
Collect all the hugs you can! I'm sending you some right now (((HUGS))). I know what you mean about not feeling right about having fun, but there is nothing wrong with enjoying yourself. My mom died in May of 2003, and that first Christmas was so difficult. My son was only 11, so we still needed to celebrate the season and I think that helped. But what helped me the most was changing the way we celebrated. Nothing was going to be the same, so I went out of my way to make it different. We scaled down, made it more about just the three of us and not so much the big extended family. Then the next year we went back to many of the "normal" things. This year will be another year of just the three of us, my sisters are fighting so much that I can't be around them. Such is life.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
. How do you handle rough times like this during the holidays?
1. Remember the good times you had with your dad. Laugh and cry.
2. Think about how he would want to be during this time?
3. Trust in the Lord with all you heart... Lean not into your own understanding....He will direct you....
4. Talk to your friends
{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}} & PRAYERS for you during this time
Old 11-26-2010, 06:38 AM

I am sorry to hear about your dad. When my son first died the holidays were hard. Lauriejo and Leota gave you good advice, the only thing I would add is allow your self time.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:46 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

candlequilter there isn't anything I can tell you that will make it better. But I am sure your father wouldn't want you to stop enjoying the holidays. As you celebrate the birth of Christ you should also celebrate the life your father had and not what was lost. Sometimes our memories is all we have and we need to be thankful when we can still remember the past and be thankful for those we still we have with us.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:00 AM

candlequilter, I am glad you had fun at Disney World. I have never been there. Having been to Disnayland a zillion times I figure you must have has a wonderful time. Disnayland is my most favorite place in the world. So sorry about you Dad. Try to remember the good times and forget that last month.

It turns out Thanksgiving dinner taste like crap when DH prepares it! The only thing that tasted good was the gravy that I made, but I didn't eat that. The turkey soup I'll make today will probably be good. I'll make mine with more vegies and no noodles so it won't be high in calories. I love turkey soup :)

Now I am off to finish Black Friday internet shopping for my Mom.