Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up

Old 10-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by remclave
Originally Posted by gramadona
Originally Posted by remclave
I am working on losing weight but don't know if I'm eligible to join...

However I wanted to note that I have a spreadsheet that I've built that gives me ALL the factoids that I like to see while losing weight.

I can VERY quickly put together a spreadsheet. For tracking I would need the person's board name, their start weight (on Oct 1st), end weight (on Oct 31st) and, (this part is very important), the desired maintenance weight (otherwise % lost wont work....) I can then paste progress reports here. If you are interested, let me know.

Edited to add:
My stats would look like this: remclave/267.8/???/150
Sounds good to me... :D
Sweet! All participants need to PM their information to me
I am hosting this thread and was not consulted about this. I for one do NOT want my starting weight and ending weight on a spread sheet on the open forum.

This is an option.............you DO NOT have to give anyone your starting or ending weight you only have to PM me with the pounds lost on Oct 31. I was not aware this offer was being made, however if anyone wants to have their % then send Remclave NOT ME your info.

I am stressing DO NOT SEND IT TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:51 AM

Then I won't. I apologize for the confusion. I thought when another poster said it would be a great idea that I was communicating with you.

I retract my offer. ); It was not my intent to cause distress.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Hey you all guess what? I decided to pull out an old t-shirt that I had put away 2 yrs. ago because it was way too tight and it fit very nicely. It is amazing how 25 or so lbs. can make a big difference in the size of the waste line and shoulders and chin and butt and ok I will stop. I am just so excited to finally take some of the weight off. It would be nice to lose another 5 or more this month. I don't care if I never win the FQ's as long as I continue to lose.
Yippee! That is so much fun to get back in to "thin" clothes, but the best part is that you know your are getting healthier. I agree with you about the FQ's too.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Banned

Hey you all guess what? I decided to pull out an old t-shirt that I had put away 2 yrs. ago because it was way too tight and it fit very nicely. It is amazing how 25 or so lbs. can make a big difference in the size of the waste line and shoulders and chin and butt and ok I will stop. I am just so excited to finally take some of the weight off. It would be nice to lose another 5 or more this month. I don't care if I never win the FQ's as long as I continue to lose.
I have lost 24 lbs since I started in Jan, not a big loss every month some months there is no loss but my clothes are also getting large on me or fitting they way they should fit, not all tight so you can see every bludge. When I started the FQ prize I knew I would never be a winner I just thought it would be fun to have some kind of incentive for everyone else.

Keep up the good work Carrie. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 10-03-2010, 02:36 PM

Well, it's October 3rd and I just saw this thread. Even though I'm 3 days late starting, I'm going to do it anyway. Actually, I started walking yesterday (before I saw this thread), so maybe I'm only TWO days late. Anyway, ANY incentive is better than sitting on my butt in front of this computer every day!! LOL Excuse me while I go throw the cookies in the trash....
Old 10-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Have any of you noticed after you have lost weight over time and you hit that platue(sp?) that all of a sudden the waste line shrinks during that platue or is it just me? When I lost the first 20lbs. everything seemed to fit the same then when the weight loss stopped for a week or 2 and during that time is when things suddenly got bigger on me. Anybody else experience this?
Old 10-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Banned

Have any of you noticed after you have lost weight over time and you hit that platue(sp?) that all of a sudden the waste line shrinks during that platue or is it just me? When I lost the first 20lbs. everything seemed to fit the same then when the weight loss stopped for a week or 2 and during that time is when things suddenly got bigger on me. Anybody else experience this?
Now that you mentioned it yes. I hit the platue and figured it will take a few weeks to lose again. Today when I was standing at the bathroom sink I noticed in the mirror I don't look 8 months pregnant anymore I look about 5.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
The Rules.................On Oct 1 you will weigh yourself and write it down DO NOT PM ME. On Oct 31 weigh yourself again and PM me with your loss. THIS IS THE ONLY TIME YOU PM ME. I will not keep track of you loss you HAVE to do it yourself. If you would like to post your weight on the thread that is your choice, you do not have to tell anyone your weight. On Nov 1 I will announce the biggest loser. The people who didn't lose as much weight has to send the biggest loser a FQ. You will follow this thread for support, recipes and encouragement along with personal trials and tribulations. So exercise, eat healthy, lose weight and most of all have fun.

This months FQ theme...................... Oct is the month of Halloween, pumpkins, scarecrows and jack-o-lanterns. It is also the month that all the Christmas catalogs arrive in my mailbox. This month the winners prize will be CHRISTMAS FQ's. As always if you do not have Christmas fabric you can send what you have, I do not want anyone left out just because they don't have the themed FQ.

Let the fun begin :D :D :D :D

OOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPP almost forgot you can not win/ be the biggest loser 2 months in a row.
Yes I would like to join your biggest looser contest. Gail
Old 10-03-2010, 03:11 PM

Hitting the gym tomorrow after work. I'm so excited that you guys have a post for this I think it's a really great idea not only does it motivate but we are all in the same boat and can get different ideas from one another. I joined TOPS back in May but until recently haven't really been trying. I got back on the wagon a couple weeks ago. Talked to my doctor about it and have joined the gym. I'll be following the Eat Clean Diet. Well good luck to all. Can't wait to find out who the Biggest Loser will be. :)
Old 10-03-2010, 03:24 PM

My guess would be that when you hit the loss plateau you are gaining some muscle, that will most definitely cause huge changes in your body shape but can actually make you gain weight.