Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by cjomomma
WTMI!!!! LOL!!! Trupeach you are a hoot!!
OK so what does............WTMI..............mean???????? You're not cussing at me are you??????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Way to much information!!! I wouldn't cuss at you atleast not that way. LOL. I got teenagers so I have had to learn their lingo. I really got a laugh when my mom asked me what is LMAO?!!!
Just call me stupid but it took me months to figure out LOL means laugh out loud. I though it meant lots of luck. now when I don't know I ask.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:18 AM
Banned

Missy that books sounds interesting. My theory is if you can't pronounce it or spell it why would you eat it. For the past 20 years I read every label even if it is a product I always buy as they change the recipes so often. Soda.........I don't even remember the last time I had soda. Cereal is no sugar puffed rice, oatmeal or cream of wheat. The only cold cereal is All Bran Complete. I knew it has crap in it but I don't eat it that often. Read the lable on salad dressing it would make your hair curl. I stick with good old fashioned oil and vinegar with added herbs, for a creamy dressing I add yogurt. Most days I have no dressing at all. I do not eat packaged foods. There were oreos for the kids so I did have some, however some foods are for just incase I don't want to bake otherwise I bake everything from scratch. Cookies, breads etc. No jar sauce here, read the lable on spaghetti sauce and how much sugar is in it. It is cheaper and healthier to buy a can of tomato puree add some herbs and make your own. Now more then ever it is important to read labels.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:34 AM

Weighed in this morning at WW and lost 1.5 lbs. for a total of 7 lbs. in 2 weeks. I am so stoked!!! :)
Old 09-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dgrindey
Weighed in this morning at WW and lost 1.5 lbs. for a total of 7 lbs. in 2 weeks. I am so stoked!!! :)
OMG............good for you :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Doing the happy dance!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Banned

I think I need a new scale after reading all the posts. I have an old one with a dial you have to read the weight, does that make sense as opposed to a digital one. I wonder how much they cost. I think I will go look at amazon or maybe walmart is cheaper. I can't afford an expensive one right now, by expensive I mean noting over around $15 at amazon with free shipping. I will let you know what I find.

Am I the only one who writes as if I am talking and someone is listening to me or am I strange?????
Old 09-28-2010, 12:26 PM
Banned

I think I need a new scale after reading all the posts. I have an old one with a dial you have to read the weight, does that make sense as opposed to a digital one. I wonder how much they cost. I think I will go look at amazon or maybe walmart is cheaper. I can't afford an expensive one right now, by expensive I mean noting over around $15 at amazon with free shipping. I will let you know what I find.

Am I the only one who writes as if I am talking and someone is listening to me or am I strange?????
No, you are not the only one that does that. And by the way I get the most out of what you post. It is honest and we all feel that way at some point or other. You seem like a real down to earth person. Don't change a thing.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Banned

So I checked around for a GOOD bargin on a scale and every store is sold out of the cheapy ones. I went to Walmart and Kmart, CVS and Walgreens. BUTTTTTTTTTT I am pissed at myself. My son needed a new jacket Franciscan Unioversity is in a REALY bad area for him to go to the mall he would be taking his life in his hands. He asked where on line he could order one. I like a store names Boscov's they have great deals. He found one he like and we ordered the jacket a few days ago. Shipping is free for over $50 so the jacket had free shipping. I checked there and sure as SH*T they had a digital scale for $9.99 maked down from $29.99. Well I will not pay for shipping which is $9.99 if you spend under $50. WHY OH WHY didn't I look for one a few days ago to have everything shipped at once??????????? To pay the shipping is no bargin. {{{{{{{{{{SIGH}}}}}}}}} I will continue to use my old dial one it is not like the numbers on the scale are going down anyway.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by candlequilter

No, you are not the only one that does that. And by the way I get the most out of what you post. It is honest and we all feel that way at some point or other. You seem like a real down to earth person. Don't change a thing.
Thank you that was a nice complement.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:36 PM

You are not strange, trupeach. We all do it---
Old 09-28-2010, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
I'd be stoked also. Way to go!