Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-28-2010, 05:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cjomomma
When you step on the scale you have to take into consideration what you are wearing each time. Each time try to have the same thing on because some clothing is heavier than others. With the weather cooling off the clothes are gonna make us weigh more. Just thought I would toss that out there.
I weigh myself first thing in the morning and BUTT naked :shock: :shock: :shock: No cloths to add extra weight.

Did I just give too much info???????????? :lol: :lol:
Old 09-28-2010, 05:29 AM

Scary Thought

One of the things that makes you go////

BGrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 09-28-2010, 05:34 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

WTMI!!!! LOL!!! Trupeach you are a hoot!!
Old 09-28-2010, 05:38 AM
Banned

I got my organic apple cider vinegar yesterday along with the book Amazing Apple Cider Vinegar. I will start today, it seems a little stronger then the apple cider vinegar that is not organic however it says even if you do nothing to change your diet you will lose 1 1/2 lbs per month as it flushes out the fat. It will be interesting to see if it works. It says to have 1 to 2 tsp per day or more if you want to. I am going to make salad dressing today and use it and also put 2 tsp in a pitcher of water and drink that throughout the day. Since I am a history nut I remember reading where vinegar water would be brought out to the field hands in the afternoon. Now way back then they made vinegar with all kinds of stuff, raspberry, cherries you name it they made it but it was vinegar never the less and it was drunk as a beverage. From hat I have read it seems to be amazin stuff. HAY maybe that is where they got the title of the book from.!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow I will start the new thread for Oct's challenge.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:41 AM

I just finished my book Read It Before You Eat It. It was a great read and I HIGHLY recommend it. It is jam packed with very important information and it could save you thousands of calories a week if you took to heart how important it is to read labels and understand what some of those words mean that food manufacturers place on the packaging.

Knowing that the word "lo" has one meaning and "low" has another and the same goes for "hi" and "high." Those things along with the difference between reading "zero" and "0" and how they do NOT always mean NO amount of whatever they are touting. Amazing.

I have been shocked at the way some food manufacturers use words that are popular today, such as "free-range" (in reference to poultry/eggs) to get a consumer to buy their product when that chicken may or may not have been roaming freely in a pasture. All our government requires is that they have access to the pasture. That basically just means that the farmer has an open door in the coop so they could get out if they wanted to. That certainly does NOT mean they did or even if they did it doesn't mean that anyone knows how long that chicken roamed free. Very misleading indeed.

As I wrote earlier today, Ben and Jerry's removing the all natural label is a great thing because there is no real definition or regulation as to what that label really means. So, this is a victory for those of us concerned about our health and what we are eating.

Honestly, now that I have read this book, I am much more skeptical than I ever was before when I go shopping. I scour the labels now and scrutinize EVERYTHING on the package. I want to know what I am eating and what I am feeding my family.

It comes as no surprise to me that one can of soda is basically one 12-oz can of water with 12 packets of sugar in it. But, does the average soda drinker know that by the time they lay their head down for the night that they have consumed in their day close to 100 packets of sugar? No, they did not get it all from the soda. But, they did get it in their cereal, their snack foods, their fast food, and if this person was really on the ball, their fruit, along with dozens of other food choices that have been made during the day. It is truly no wonder that we have 6th graders that weigh 200 pounds! What are we doing to our kids by feeding them so much food that has little to no value for their growing bodies??

I know I am going on and on, but, seriously folks, if you are interested in knowing what those words on those packages mean and what those things are that are listed on the ingredients label along with what the numbers mean on the Nutrition Facts Panel, READ THIS BOOK.

Nope. No one was harmed in the writing of this email.

Nope. I do not get a commission from the sale of this book.

Yep. I think my waist is a bit smaller since I started reading this book. That means more to me than alot of things right now.

I hope that I am a healthier ME because I know know and understand what is on those grocery store shelves and that I know the value of a nutrient. I hope you are too.

Missy
Old 09-28-2010, 05:48 AM

Missy, thanks for all the information! I thought I was a pretty savvy shopper but now I feel like I know nada! Sooo...I am going to go buy this book!

God bless you and keep it up!
Old 09-28-2010, 05:51 AM
Banned

OK so what does............WTMI..............mean???????? You're not cussing at me are you??????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 09-28-2010, 07:39 AM

LOL she's not cussing at you Trupeach, it means Way Too Much Information!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
Missy, thanks for all the information! I thought I was a pretty savvy shopper but now I feel like I know nada! Sooo...I am going to go buy this book!

God bless you and keep it up!
Oh thank you so much!! You are so sweet! You won't regret buying this book! I promise!

Missy
Old 09-28-2010, 08:58 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by trupeach1
OK so what does............WTMI..............mean???????? You're not cussing at me are you??????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Way to much information!!! I wouldn't cuss at you atleast not that way. LOL. I got teenagers so I have had to learn their lingo. I really got a laugh when my mom asked me what is LMAO?!!!