Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-06-2010, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Okay if I was trapped on a desert island with only cincy chili to eat, I guess I would eventually be forced to eat the chili. Yuck. Actually I do still eat chili on spaghetti, a great way to use up leftovers. But then I love pasta. Oh yeah, I was born right here in Akron and never lived farther than 50 miles from here. The first Skyline in this area opened about 15 years ago.
You know...I am still working on the idea of the chili on spaghetti. Now I would love to have chili on a baked potato or tortilla chips with cheese and chili.

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-112789.jpe  
Old 09-06-2010, 03:29 PM

LOL I know it sounds really weird, but it is really good.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Banned

Okay if I was trapped on a desert island with only cincy chili to eat, I guess I would eventually be forced to eat the chili. Yuck.
I would rather cut off my leg and roast it on an open fire like a leg of lamb.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Okay if I was trapped on a desert island with only cincy chili to eat, I guess I would eventually be forced to eat the chili. Yuck.
Hehe! That is a funny visual Tru!

Missy
Old 09-06-2010, 05:25 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Tell me what you all think. I found these whole grain chips to munch on. Here is the info on them: 130 cals, 50 cals from fat. Total fat 6g. Saturated fat 0g. Trans fat 0g. Polyunsaturated fat 1.5g. Monunsaturated fat 3g. 0 % cholesterol. Serving size 10 chips. They taste alright. The name of the chips is Shapers.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
At least you would lose weight.

I love chili, I add coco to mine also. I'll eat it on potatoes, spagetti, Fritos, nachos, you name it.

In fact I had a bowl tonight, one cp 319 calories. But I left off the cheese, and sour cream so I could eat it!
Old 09-06-2010, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Tell me what you all think. I found these whole grain chips to munch on. Here is the info on them: 130 cals, 50 cals from fat. Total fat 6g. Saturated fat 0g. Trans fat 0g. Polyunsaturated fat 1.5g. Monunsaturated fat 3g. 0 % cholesterol. Serving size 10 chips. They taste alright. The name of the chips is Shapers.
That is almost half your calories in fat. They don't seem worth it as a substitute for potato chips. And if it was me, I couldn't stop at ten.

I read an article on junk food and it has two major problems, 1st it has high colaric content for little nutritional value; second, because you are not feeding your body the vitamins and minerals it needs, it must take these from other functions to aid in digestion.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Thank you Carol. Trust me once you get to 10 they don't taste very good, lol
Old 09-06-2010, 06:18 PM

Home from grandson's 5th birthday family party. He is now a big boy and can not be 4 anymore. I ate 1/2 of a cheeseburger with onions, tomatom catsup and a bread and butter pickle. I had a small piece of birthday cake, about a 1"square with a small scoop of ice cream.

I love chili. My husbands family puts chili on spaghetti and call it Spaghetti Red it is different and I do like it this way. I make a hot, spicy chili and it gives spaghetti an extra punch occasionally.

Tomorrow I will again start my exercise routine, then go to the quilting store to pick up some batting for the baby blanket. Do not have enough. Then over to my DDIL's grandmother, she will be 90 in January, to see if I can find her glasses and make sure she is taking her meds properly. I set up a weeks supply but have to call or go by to make sure she is taking them. Then home and hope to get baby quilt put together.

I am off to relax in bedroom and read paper before crashing for the night.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:44 PM

never tried chili on spaghetti, but do like to eat it on flat noodles. the ones that look like small lasagna noodles. can't think of the name of them. but then again the spaghetti and chili that I make have basically the same base. different spices that we put in them. ie peppers instead of garlic and chili powder and cyane (sp) powder instead of oregano and basil.
The world is out to keep me chubby ladies. went to work out and they had just closed the doors and locked them, and this week is all about the deserts and fattening food!!! its my dads b-day on thursday. He wants me to make him a chocolate mayonnaise cake. (WHY ME!!!)