Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-12-2010, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
Ok everyone, I'm having a VERY tough time sticking to a diet right now. I was seriously considering doing the ration diet but until I get some $$$ to buy the book, I'm on my own. I know that losing weight, especially a lot of weight, requires baby steps. For my sake, let's list some baby steps. What very small things can I do to help me become healthier and hopefully lose some weight? Please help!!! Thanks.
The first thing I would do is start a food journal. I would also do small things like eating oatmeal for breakfast (to get a lot of whole grains in your tummy that are full of fiber and will keep you full longer). Drinks lots of water too.

Those are just a couple of my ideas.

Missy
Old 09-12-2010, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Sunday is my cheat day, I have pancakes and sausage for breakfast. I wait all week for Sunday. For the past 2 weeks I have been putting my oatmeal in a bowl at night so that the next morning all have have to do is nuke it and it comes out so much more creamy sitting over night. Last night it was the same as every other night. I was making a cup of tea, getting my bedtime snack ready and set up my oatmeal for this morning. I got up, popped the oatmeal in the microwave and while it was getting done I feed the puppy and the outside cat. Weighed myself, and then ate my oatneal only to realize today is Sunday I could have had my pancakes. gggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrr
Oh NOOO! I am sorry Tru! I know you are frustrated but eat them for dinner or for tomorrow. You do not have to just have them on Sunday. This week make it Monday. I am sorry you forgot though. That does stink.

Hang in there girl!!

Missy
Old 09-12-2010, 11:10 AM

Have them for dinner.

Sunday is my cheat day, I have pancakes and sausage for breakfast. I wait all week for Sunday. For the past 2 weeks I have been putting my oatmeal in a bowl at night so that the next morning all have have to do is nuke it and it comes out so much more creamy sitting over night. Last night it was the same as every other night. I was making a cup of tea, getting my bedtime snack ready and set up my oatmeal for this morning. I got up, popped the oatmeal in the microwave and while it was getting done I feed the puppy and the outside cat. Weighed myself, and then ate my oatneal only to realize today is Sunday I could have had my pancakes. gggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 09-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Banned

NO to have them for dinner, pasta and meatball with DD has been planned I will wait until next Sunday.........sigh

Missy is on her picnic date...........now what could that little bundle of laughs be up to???????????
Old 09-12-2010, 01:33 PM

Missy is on her picnic date...........now what could that little bundle of laughs be up to???????????
Wicked, thoughts raced through my head.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CAROLJ

Wicked, thoughts raced through my head.
:shock: :shock: :shock: Carol I thought you only had pure lily white thoughts go through your head.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:49 PM

Ok everyone, I'm having a VERY tough time sticking to a diet right now. I was seriously considering doing the ration diet but until I get some $$$ to buy the book, I'm on my own. I know that losing weight, especially a lot of weight, requires baby steps. For my sake, let's list some baby steps. What very small things can I do to help me become healthier and hopefully lose some weight? Please help!!! Thanks.
My favorite thing to snack on is doritos and my homemade salsa. I would eat a big bag in 2 sittings. I have not had any since the weight challenge. I have been eating mostly the same thing at meals since I do have to prepare for my husband, but I dont eat near as much. I use a small plate. I also buy the low calorie frozen dinners like Smart Ones. I buy sugar free jolly rancher candies and diet coke. I lost 4 more pounds this past week. I only weight on Sunday morning and I do not have a cheat day. I am not real fat but I want to lose at least 20 pounds before I stop. I snack on the biscottie cookie that tru posted. I also found another biscotti recipe on www.allrecipes.com that I like, but it has a few more calories than her recipe.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

So I am gonna try to get back to a workout routine on Monday. The pain in my hip is gone and hopefully will stay gone. I have missed being able to exercise, it makes me fell so much better.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:09 PM

NO to have them for dinner, pasta and meatball with DD has been planned I will wait until next Sunday.........sigh

Oh. My. Goodness.

I just got home. *deep sigh*

Tru...did you hear the nickel hit the ground? Haha!! Just kidding!!! I think my mom superglued it to my knees. Hehehe!

Time for me to tell you about our date. Let me set the mood for you...

We found a secluded shady spot right next to a creek at the gorgeous Sioux Park.

I laid out the quilt that I have saved for my someday wedding that I made a few years ago. Then I sat down on the quilt with Mike right next to me. I opened the picnic basket and showed him the strawberries, champagne grapes and the sourdough bread bowl that was filled with hot cheese fondue. Then I opened the baggie with the bread cubes. I handed him a fondue fork and I took one and we took turns feeding each other and sipping on non-alcoholic champagne. After a bit we switched to the strawberries and the grapes. More champagne. All the while this is going on I am literally biting my bottom lip. There were a few kisses here and there too. The background noise was the gentle sounds of the creek flowing. It was the MOST romantic thing EVER. Folks. I am talking EVER!

After we ate and snuggled for a while we decided to do some window shopping which was nice and sweet. Then we went to my house so we could enjoy some time with my family. That was very nice.

After that, I took him home and we sat in the SUV and smooched a bit.

I just talked to him on the phone and he is burning me three CDs with his favorite love songs. He said he is listening to every single word in the songs to make sure it is saying what he wants me to know about how he feels about me. Now tell me people. Is there anything sweeter than this?? I think not.

My mom left me a note that said that she is so happy for us and will be planning our Spring wedding. *shakes head* My mom is just eating this up. As far as I can say there is not going to be a Spring wedding. My mom does not agree with me. LOL!

I am so happy and I have never loved like I love now. It is amazing.

So, there you go. Missy's picnic date in a few words.

I hope you enjoyed the date as much as I did. Hehehe!

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-93280.jpe  
Old 09-12-2010, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by BettyB
My favorite thing to snack on is doritos and my homemade salsa. I would eat a big bag in 2 sittings. I have not had any since the weight challenge. I have been eating mostly the same thing at meals since I do have to prepare for my husband, but I dont eat near as much. I use a small plate. I also buy the low calorie frozen dinners like Smart Ones. I buy sugar free jolly rancher candies and diet coke. I lost 4 more pounds this past week. I only weight on Sunday morning and I do not have a cheat day. I am not real fat but I want to lose at least 20 pounds before I stop. I snack on the biscottie cookie that tru posted. I also found another biscotti recipe on www.allrecipes.com that I like, but it has a few more calories than her recipe.
Betty,

It sounds like you are doing all the right things! Yay on your loss!!

Missy