Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-12-2010, 09:32 PM

You are having sugar withdrawl. Take a teaspoon of honey and 2 tylenol. Make a cup of tea or lemon water. Give yourself a break. This will take some time. You can have up to 3 teaspoons of honey a day, but they have to be at least 3 hours apart.

If you take the honey and don't feel better in 20 minutes, get a slice of bread. However, you need to have a super heavy multi-grain bread. The spongy stuff becomes sugar in your body too fast. The multi-grain is chewy and takes your body a little work to digest.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:46 PM

Well Missy sooo glad you and Mike had a wonderful afternoon by the stream. Sounds like a romance novel for sure. Hold tight and enjoy the ride. Like drinley My DH and I have been together for 50 years come February and still very much in LOVE. Keep up the good work with your weight loss program I am so happy for you.
Gail
Old 09-13-2010, 04:12 AM

I weighed this morning and I am down the 1 pound I gained a half a pound to go then on towards the downward slope!!

Missy so glad your day went so beautifuly !

Anyone here have any suggestions how to get the sparks going again between DH and I . We have no sitters so no alone time possible until the kids go to bed. We haven't been out alone in 3 or 4 yrs.! Both my parents work and so does my sister and brother so no possibility for a sitter!plus hubby works 6 days a week!
Old 09-13-2010, 04:53 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by sewred
I weighed this morning and I am down the 1 pound I gained a half a pound to go then on towards the downward slope!!

Anyone here have any suggestions how to get the sparks going again between DH and I . We have no sitters so no alone time possible until the kids go to bed. We haven't been out alone in 3 or 4 yrs.! Both my parents work and so does my sister and brother so no possibility for a sitter!plus hubby works 6 days a week!
Sounds like our situation. We just keep holding on for when the kids are gone and living their own lives. My DH works a full time job and goes to school with a 3/4 time schedule. He comes home at 9pm, I get the kids to bed and he stays up til 1or 2 doing homework. I basically become a single Mom during school but I keep reminding myself that there is a silver lining in our future. It's those little times together that you have to charish. In this day and age you can't trust anyone outside your family to baby sit so I can't help you there. Hang in there because the day will come when the kids are old enough to fend for themselves.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:10 AM

Sure. Hold hands when you take the kids on a walk. Cuddle up together on the couch while you watch a favorite family movie and steal quick kisses. Hide post-it notes of love and affection in your personal spaces. Give neck, shoulder and foot rubs - in front of your kids.

When your eyes meet across the table, hold it just a blink or two longer. Blow kisses. Rub noses. Hold hands. Put your head on his shoulder or arm. Kiss. Whisper sweet-nothings to each other. Text - secretly send text messages.

Once in a while, serve the kids dinner like normal. After bedtime is finishsd, have dinner for two with candles, good china, wine?, adult food.

On movie night, wear your sexiest nightgown/(play clothes) under your regular robe. Let him peek, but don't give in 'til those kids are fast asleep.

Install a lock on your bedroom door. It will give you a few minutes alone once in a while.

The greatest gift a man can give his children is to love their mother. Showing appropriate behaviors between two people who love each other helps your children feel safe and secure,

Finally, find another couple and trade parental duties for an evening. Having babies is not unique to you. Other couples have the same needs. Offer to keep their children for an evening, if they will reciprocate.

With a little imagination and careful planning, sparks will fly again. (Be careful though. This is how you got those kids in the first place.)

ps. I had 10. Now I'm a grandma too.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by dgrindey
Missy, sounds like you and Mike had a great time and very romantic. My Mike and I still like romantic after all these years. Glad to hear you are so happy. I am happy for you, my dear. Donna
Donna,

You are so sweet! Thank you so much. How long have you and Mike been together?

Missy
50 yrs
Oh Donna! That is wonderful! 50 years is a long time! Congratulations!

Missy
Old 09-13-2010, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
Well Missy sooo glad you and Mike had a wonderful afternoon by the stream. Sounds like a romance novel for sure. Hold tight and enjoy the ride. Like drinley My DH and I have been together for 50 years come February and still very much in LOVE. Keep up the good work with your weight loss program I am so happy for you.
Gail
Thank you so much Gail! 50 years is a long time and to still be in love is so wonderful!!!

Missy
Old 09-13-2010, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by sewred

Thank you so much! It did go beautifully.

I am not sure what to recommend to get the sparks going again between you and your DH. I know some of these ladies here who have been married a long time will have some ideas.

Missy
Old 09-13-2010, 05:27 AM

cjomomma: Absolutely! You have to work together to get through tough times like that era of going to school, working, family, kids, church. But together you can do anything.

All parents, I have a warning for you...

Your kids will grow up and become adults, but they may never leave home permanently! Don't be surprised if you find yourselves living in a multi-generational home at times. Of course, they don't need a sitter, but they will be there.

We who are young to middle-aged parents right now are lucky. We get to have our children and grandchildren be a part of everyday lives. Multi-generational families are becoming the norm, not the oddity. Count your blessings. We get to be a part of something bigger than ourselves.

This is a major reason I am trying to get healthy. I want to live a long life. I have a lot to live for. Stephen is 13, I need to be around for his life and children too. This new life plan is more than just food. It is all about how I feel physically, emotionally and spiritually. It is about learning who I am, how I fit, how to best love myself and others,..... life.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
You are having sugar withdrawl. Take a teaspoon of honey and 2 tylenol. Make a cup of tea or lemon water. Give yourself a break. This will take some time. You can have up to 3 teaspoons of honey a day, but they have to be at least 3 hours apart.

If you take the honey and don't feel better in 20 minutes, get a slice of bread. However, you need to have a super heavy multi-grain bread. The spongy stuff becomes sugar in your body too fast. The multi-grain is chewy and takes your body a little work to digest.
Thank you Gwyn. I took some Tylonel and sat on my bed and read for a little while. It helped. I'll have to go out and buy some honey today as DH used the rest of it a few days ago. I heard local honey is the best, right?