Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-13-2010, 01:56 PM

Have been busy these past few days and this is the first I have been on since Friday. Finished the baby quilt, but wrapped it before I got a picture so hopefully my daughter was able to get one when the girl unwrapped her gift. Then today have been busy catching up on squares I needed to complete for the monthly $5 quilt and am now working on stips for a set of 4 placemats for my next door neighbor for helping me with the many lawn leaf cleanups and mowing when SIL can not come and do it. I also have a mystery quilt I need to catch up on that our quilting guild is doing, and complete a scrappy heart quilt for my only granddaughter. It has to be done, at least the top and backing by Nov. 10 when I will use the long arm at the LQS. This will be my first time on the long arm. Then I have a ton of Christmas project to do. I will probably wait til next year with some of them. Then there are the 5 grandsons I want to make quilts for. As soon as I can find out what the oldest thinks he will be majoring in in college I will go with that theme. The other 4 I have no idea and any suggestions are welcome. Ages 13,10,5,4. The 2 older ones are brothers and the two youngest ones are brothers.

Weight wise not to hot this past week. Managed to gain all back and I know why so will work on that this week.

Have a great day and See you later.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I was so pre occupied with the fact I forgot it was pancake day yesterday I didn't say I LOST 3 lbs this week. YIPPPPEEEEEEE I am below 190!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :-D
YAY YAY!!!! I am doing a HUGE happy dance for you Tru!!! Oh by the way, I got your envelope in the mail today and I will give you a call later today (if I have time) or I will call you tomorrow.

I have some BIG news of my own to share with the group. I am replying to y'all first THEN my big news! 'Kay? I thought so.

Missy
Old 09-13-2010, 03:14 PM

Boy! You are as busy as I am. I just know I will never finish all of ther Christmas quilts I am suppose to be working on unless I imit on-line board time and 12 block swaps! I guess I will hang in there and keep plugging away!

BTW: What in the world is a $5.00 a month quilt?
Old 09-13-2010, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by quilter on the eastern edge
Originally Posted by trupeach1
4 word to lose weight............organic apple cider vinegar. I have been drinking apple cider vinegar all week howerver it wasn't organic. I am going to see if I could buy it someplace on line. Google diet and apple cider vingars and also health benefits.
The last time I used apple cider vinegar, I put it on french fries! Not quite part of the program :-o
Hehe Barbara that is funny! I guess that also goes with drinking Diet Coke while eating a Twinkee. LOL!!!

Missy
Old 09-13-2010, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by grandme26
Have been busy these past few days and this is the first I have been on since Friday. Finished the baby quilt, but wrapped it before I got a picture so hopefully my daughter was able to get one when the girl unwrapped her gift. Then today have been busy catching up on squares I needed to complete for the monthly $5 quilt and am now working on stips for a set of 4 placemats for my next door neighbor for helping me with the many lawn leaf cleanups and mowing when SIL can not come and do it. I also have a mystery quilt I need to catch up on that our quilting guild is doing, and complete a scrappy heart quilt for my only granddaughter. It has to be done, at least the top and backing by Nov. 10 when I will use the long arm at the LQS. This will be my first time on the long arm. Then I have a ton of Christmas project to do. I will probably wait til next year with some of them. Then there are the 5 grandsons I want to make quilts for. As soon as I can find out what the oldest thinks he will be majoring in in college I will go with that theme. The other 4 I have no idea and any suggestions are welcome. Ages 13,10,5,4. The 2 older ones are brothers and the two youngest ones are brothers.

Weight wise not to hot this past week. Managed to gain all back and I know why so will work on that this week.

Have a great day and See you later.
Whoa Judy! You are one busy lady!! Try if you can to do something each day to take care of yourself. Maybe tea like Tru or something else. Most of all, take deep breaths each day.

I sure and wishing that things will slow down for you and that you will have a loss on the scales.

Hang in there!

Missy
Old 09-13-2010, 03:36 PM

OH. MY. GAWD.

I just got home a few minutes ago from the hospital where I had my last nutrition class and the pre-op diet program class.

It went great as always but that is NOT the good news.

Drumroll please.......

I have lost a grand total since the end of April.....

FIFTY POUNDS!!! That is right. I did say FIFTY. Holy 100-calorie packs of guacamole!!! I could barely believe my eyes.

I am just so happy and all I have to do now is have my last psychologist appointment this week and to see the internist one last time next week. Then they send all the stuff in my file to the surgeon and in a couple weeks they should schedule my surgery!

I am soo excited!!!

Anyway. That is my good news.

Oh. Wait. How in the world can I tell you guys my good news and leave Mike out of it? What WAS I thinking??

Mike is doing great and we are going to have lunch tomorrow and then go grocery shopping. Not really romantic but anytime I am with him I am a happy girl. *big grin*

So, there. I am done now. Go back to your regularly scheduled program.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
OH. MY. GAWD.

I just got home a few minutes ago from the hospital where I had my last nutrition class and the pre-op diet program class.

Drumroll please.......

FIFTY POUNDS!!! That is right. I did say FIFTY. Holy 100-calorie packs of guacamole!!! I could barely believe my eyes.

I am just so happy and all I have to do now is have my last psychologist appointment this week and to see the internist one last time next week. Then they send all the stuff in my file to the surgeon and in a couple weeks they should schedule my surgery!

I am soo excited!!!

Oh. Wait. How in the world can I tell you guys my good news and leave Mike out of it? What WAS I thinking??

Mike is doing great and we are going to have lunch tomorrow and then go grocery shopping. Not really romantic but anytime I am with him I am a happy girl. *big grin*

Congratulations, Missy!! :thumbup:
Old 09-13-2010, 03:43 PM

OH. MY. GAWD.

Drumroll please.......

I am soo excited!!!

Missy, I am so proud of you, girl!! 50 lbs is a lot of weight. Good job, sweetie. Have fun with Mike tomorrow.

I went to my first yoga class today and loved it. Being the age I am (which my mind tells me I am not) and the extra weight, I did some yoga exercises and stretches I thought I would never be able to do. But to my surprise, I did them and I felt so good about it. My hubby was very happy for me. I am beginning at once a week and then I will do more once I get used to the routine. I'm excited about it.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Banned

Missy what happened did you give birth to a 6 yr old without us knowing about it?????LOL That is great 50 lbs, I am so proud of you. DOING THE HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2010, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by quilter on the eastern edge
OH. MY. GAWD.

Drumroll please.......

I am soo excited!!!

Congratulations, Missy!! :thumbup:
Thank you!!!