Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-11-2010, 12:03 AM

How is everyone doing? I am at the same weight but running faster and further on the treadmill. I also started work again after summer break so life will be busier and more scheduled...easier for staying on track with my eating. Hope u r all losing lots of weight 
Old 09-11-2010, 01:47 AM

Hope: glad to have you back. YOu maintained! good for you. Maintaining is as important as losing in the marathon of healthy living. It is nice to look forward to the routine of Fall and Winter, but these are also the seasons of holidays and cabin fever. Planning, preparation, and execution are the keys to succcess.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:54 AM

Well, I haven't gained anything but this month has been a real struggle so far. Last month I was finally diagnosed with fibro, after years of pain and exhaustion. The dr prescribed savella, which hasn't helped at all. I also have bursitis in my hips which is getting worse and the dr wants to get the rest of the test results back before he does anything else. And now it's hayfever season! I think it's time to just hibernate.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
My mother and I are working hard to get our eating plans fixed up. I've really learned a lot.

1. Measure everything. Serving sizes are enough, butthey aren't quite as large as I thought.

2. Eat every 2 hours. Once you get used to it, it really feels great.

3. In order to get all the nutrients my body needs, I need to eat lots of different foods. I can have a lot of food, but I need to eat little bits of lots of different foods within the same group. Example: Instead of 2 cups of greenbeans, I will feel better and be happier if I eat 3-baby carrots, 5 slices of cucumber and some fresh tomato slices. The more colors and flavors on my plate, the more likely I will get the nutrients I need.

4. Plate your food on pretty dishes! Make eating a fun activity and you will be more likely to enjoy it.

5. Planning and preparing food is a big job. It isn't any more work to cook 2 batches instead of one. Serve one and freeze the other part. A great way to plan an evening off duty.

I'm sure I'll learn more.
Your plan sounds wonderful! Eating according to your plan will certainly result in some good weight loss. You go girl!

Missy
Old 09-11-2010, 05:03 AM

I am up 1.5 pounds this week it sucks! I haven't been keeping track very well hopefully this next week will be better!
Old 09-11-2010, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by sewred
I am up 1.5 pounds this week it sucks! I haven't been keeping track very well hopefully this next week will be better!
Keeping better track of your food intake will help alot. I hope this coming week is better for you.

Missy
Old 09-11-2010, 06:38 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I am up 2 pounds. ;(. My hip and arm have quit hurting so maybe Monday I can start my work out routine again. Yay. Wish me luck!!
Old 09-11-2010, 06:41 AM

tru, you might need to increase your protein intake. I find that if i eat a lot of protein then i start to loose more weight. and I have to stay away from dairy. it just packs the lbs on to me. and eating dark greens helps me also. i eat chicken and beef and it helps, as long as i stay away from dairy and carbs i do better loosing weight. you might be the same way.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I am up 2 pounds. ;(. My hip and arm have quit hurting so maybe Monday I can start my work out routine again. Yay. Wish me luck!!
You got it!!

Missy
Old 09-11-2010, 07:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I thought you shouldn't be eating brownies while you exercised.