Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-10-2010, 04:48 AM
Banned

[quote=CAROLJ]Does anyone know about whey and if it increases your muscles? My husband wants me to take whey when I exercise. I have been putting it off as it is 140 calories a glass if you drink it with water. He says as it is pure protein it wouldn't add to my weight but will help me built muscle. Plus, I don't have to count it in my calorie count as the body sheds it within 24 hours. He feels it will help me from being so tired and hungry. I don't want to take it due to the calories. I don't see how you can consume calories and they not add to your total intake. I don't want to cut my calories anymore to include it as I am pretty low already.

It does build muscles, however you could make your own and it isn't as many calories. I make yo cheese and when you drain the yogurt the liquid that is left is whey at only 30 calories for 4 oz. I like a thick creamy greek style yogurt and that is what you get from draining it. Yochees take on the flavor of what ever you mix it with so I replace part of the mayo, sour cream and cream cheese in a recipe with yocheese. Not wanting to waste the liquid protein/whey I use it in smoothies, soups and bread. So if you make your own whey you could have a nice thick ice cream like consistance yogurt that would make a wonderful dessert just by adding a little vanilla and fruit. And yes there are no FREE calories so you would have to cut them someplace but is it really cutting them or just changing them?
Old 09-10-2010, 04:54 AM

cjmomma-Maybe it's time to see a doctor. Sounds like you did some damage that needs treatment or physical therapy. A physical therapist can teach you how to stretch and strengthen without doing any damage. A good massage therapist might also be of some help. Unless you broke something not moving at all is counterproductive.

Hang in there and stick to fruit, veggies and low fat protein.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
Just made some zucchini bread without sugar. YUCK! lol There goes my attempts at being healthy for today.
Gross..........you can make fruit bread without sugar and you get the sweetness from the fruit but zucchini bread needs somthing. Don't waste it though make it into bread pudding and eat it for breakfast or as a snack. I do that with muffins or breads when I am tired of eating them as muffins or bread. If I have corn muffins I add ginger and cloves and it tasts like indian pudding.

Bread Pudding
1 1/2 c cubed bread
1 c milk
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp sugar.
1 tsp cinnamon

Heat oven to 350. Put bread in a pan. Wisk together the milk, egg, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon. Pour over the bread. Bake for abotu 30 minutes or until set.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:06 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by kit'smamma
cjmomma-Maybe it's time to see a doctor. Sounds like you did some damage that needs treatment or physical therapy. A physical therapist can teach you how to stretch and strengthen without doing any damage. A good massage therapist might also be of some help. Unless you broke something not moving at all is counterproductive.

Hang in there and stick to fruit, veggies and low fat protein.
If it doesn't get to feeling better I will go to the Dr. Thank you.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Thank you for the great support. I was really bummed yesterday. My body feels really bad when I don't get the exercise in so this hip thing is not helping. I can't sit very long and I can't stand long either. I started and completed a quilt this week hoping to make myself feel better. It helped a little. It wasn't a big one only 56X56.
I want to see the quilt!!!!!!!

Have you been taking baths????? It could be muscle and just needs to relax. I would take a hot bath a few times a day with epson salt or if you have peppermint oil use that too. It you don't have peppermint oil and have peppermint tea use that. Sounds crazy........... it does work. if using the tea. Boil about a 1/2 gal of water, add 3 tea bags and let it sit for awhile. Fill the tub and add the peppermint tea. Now when I was doing this for my DD I left the water in the tub and then a few hours later when she had another bath I add just hot water to it so she was't in a cold tub of water. At first I thought it was gross to go in the tub of leftover water then realized how dirty was she she was sitting it the tub every few hours she was clean. And not only that peppermint is a natural cleaning agent and kills tons of germs so if there were any of her own germs they weren't breeding in the water they were killed by the peppermint.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:09 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Thank you for the great support. I was really bummed yesterday. My body feels really bad when I don't get the exercise in so this hip thing is not helping. I can't sit very long and I can't stand long either. I started and completed a quilt this week hoping to make myself feel better. It helped a little. It wasn't a big one only 56X56.
I want to see the quilt!!!!!!!
I have a pic posted but it was before it was finished so I am gonna post a new pic here for you. I made this to take to High school football games. My DD's BoyF is a football player and the colors are black and gold or yellow. They are the Murray tigers.

front and back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]114837[/ATTACH]

close up of quilting. I don't do anything fancy just simple quilting on my regular machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]114838[/ATTACH]

I made a bag for it too so that I can use it for a cushion to sit on if I am not using the quilt. Them benches can be cold and hard.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]114840[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-114832.jpe   attachment-114833.jpe   attachment-114835.jpe  
Old 09-10-2010, 07:16 AM

cjomomma,

You did great on that quilt! It will be very nice and warm during all those fall Friday night football games!

Way to go!

Missy
Old 09-10-2010, 07:18 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
cjomomma,

You did great on that quilt! It will be very nice and warm during all those fall Friday night football games!

Way to go!

Missy
Thank you Missy. This was the first time I made a quilt in a week. I needed a break from the king quilt I am working on, seems to be taking forever and this gave me the sense of an accomplishment.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
cjomomma,

Way to go!

Missy
Thank you Missy. This was the first time I made a quilt in a week. I needed a break from the king quilt I am working on, seems to be taking forever and this gave me the sense of an accomplishment.
I think that quick quilts are fun to make. They go fast and before you know it you are done.

I am thinking of making a quilt for Mike for his bed. I have to design it though. I prefer to design my own for really special quilts. So, we shall see.

Missy
Old 09-10-2010, 08:36 AM
Banned

Me likey...........I love quick quilts. Now did you make it to look like a goal at the top on purpose or was that one of those things that just happened???????