Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-07-2010, 02:13 PM

I neglected to report Sunday's results - I lost a little more weigh *woohoot*. Progress may be slow, but I AM making progress :thumbup:

It will be interesting to see what happens while I'm away from home. I'm going to Michigan for a week. I'll be gone from the 9th to the 15th. I won't be able to do my Sunday morning weigh-in grrrrr The thought of not being in a 'controlled environment' has got me nervious.... Hubby & I will be staying w/my stepson & his girlfriend. At least at home I know that my frig & cupboards are stocked w/stuff I can eat. At home I can eat when I feel the need to... And my elliptical!!!! Oh gawd, what am I gonna do!?! I'm scared!

Total weight loss: 8#s

As of 5Sep2010: 185.8
As of 29Aug2010: 187.2
As of 22Aug2010: 187.2
As of 15Aug2010: 189.2
As of 8Aug2010: 189.4
As of 1Aug2010: 193.8
Old 09-07-2010, 02:33 PM

Alot of the bread I have tried was so nasty the birds wouldn't even eat it! I have found one that actually can be eaten without toasting! It's called Udi's, and although it is still not great bread it is pretty decent for gluten free. I haven't shopped on Amazon too often since I have no place to store bulk goods, and I wouldn't order much of anything I haven't already tried. It is bad enough to make a spaghetti dinner that isn't edible when it's only one box, but if I had bought a case it would be terrible.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:41 PM

As of Sunday morning I have lost 5 pounds. I have made the biscotti recipe and the cottage cheese smoothie. I love biscottis. I do not like cottage cheese but the smoothie was not bad. Thanks to everyone for all the other info given on here.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Alot of the bread I have tried was so nasty the birds wouldn't even eat it! I have found one that actually can be eaten without toasting! It's called Udi's, and although it is still not great bread it is pretty decent for gluten free. I haven't shopped on Amazon too often since I have no place to store bulk goods, and I wouldn't order much of anything I haven't already tried. It is bad enough to make a spaghetti dinner that isn't edible when it's only one box, but if I had bought a case it would be terrible.
My Mom found the same thing the bread is inedable. Do you get Silver Hills Bread where you are or is it just a Canadian thing? If you do thier Wheat Free Chia Bread is Gluten free and delicious.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BettyB
As of Sunday morning I have lost 5 pounds. I have made the biscotti recipe and the cottage cheese smoothie. I love biscottis. I do not like cottage cheese but the smoothie was not bad. Thanks to everyone for all the other info given on here.
I know you sent me a PM that there was a problem with the biscotti, how did they come out???????

Doing the happy dance 5 lbs good for you. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 09-07-2010, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I know you sent me a PM that there was a problem with the biscotti, how did they come out???????

They were very good and my quilting buddies like them today.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by thequilteddove
I neglected to report Sunday's results - I lost a little more weigh *woohoot*. Progress may be slow, but I AM making progress :thumbup:

It will be interesting to see what happens while I'm away from home. I'm going to Michigan for a week. I'll be gone from the 9th to the 15th. I won't be able to do my Sunday morning weigh-in grrrrr The thought of not being in a 'controlled environment' has got me nervious.... Hubby & I will be staying w/my stepson & his girlfriend. At least at home I know that my frig & cupboards are stocked w/stuff I can eat. At home I can eat when I feel the need to... And my elliptical!!!! Oh gawd, what am I gonna do!?! I'm scared!

Total weight loss: 8#s

As of 5Sep2010: 185.8
As of 29Aug2010: 187.2
As of 22Aug2010: 187.2
As of 15Aug2010: 189.2
As of 8Aug2010: 189.4
As of 1Aug2010: 193.8
When I went on vacation I packed food I knew I could eat. Then I stayed with salads. I did OK, and I know you will too.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:27 PM

They were very good and my quilting buddies like them today.
Congrats on the five pounds
Old 09-07-2010, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by grandme26
Home from grandson's 5th birthday family party. He is now a big boy and can not be 4 anymore. I ate 1/2 of a cheeseburger with onions, tomatom catsup and a bread and butter pickle. I had a small piece of birthday cake, about a 1"square with a small scoop of ice cream.

I love chili. My husbands family puts chili on spaghetti and call it Spaghetti Red it is different and I do like it this way. I make a hot, spicy chili and it gives spaghetti an extra punch occasionally.

Tomorrow I will again start my exercise routine, then go to the quilting store to pick up some batting for the baby blanket. Do not have enough. Then over to my DDIL's grandmother, she will be 90 in January, to see if I can find her glasses and make sure she is taking her meds properly. I set up a weeks supply but have to call or go by to make sure she is taking them. Then home and hope to get baby quilt put together.

I am off to relax in bedroom and read paper before crashing for the night.
Judy,

You did so good at the party!! Way to go!!

I hope your day went good!

Missy
Old 09-07-2010, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Is anyone else in this group diagnosed with celiac, or on the gluten-free diet? (No wheat, barley, rye or commerically grown oats) I have always loved bread, pasta, crackers, all the things I had to give up. The gluten free options are just not the same, although they are getting better.
The oatmeal I just bought says gluten free which means it was not grown in a field where wheat ect is grown. It was Bob's Red Mill. Amazon has over 4,000 gluten free items in groceries. I saw gluten free pizza dough mix , bread mix, pasta, cereal and so many other things that sounded soo good. Go to amazon.com search gluten free then on the left click on groceries and up pops tons of stuff. Let me know what you think
Vitalicious has the mose DELICIOUS things that are all gluten free. I eat the Vitatops in a ton of different flavors. They are like the tops of muffins but are sooo gooooood. Only a 100 calories and more nutrients and minerals than an apple. Seriously, check out their site and order some. I cannot recommend them more.

www.vitalicious.com

Missy