Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-26-2010, 06:54 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Tru hang in there. All of us are gonna have our set backs. I got real discouraged when I put on 2 lbs. but then I turned around and lost it plus more. I'm not even eating right, the biggest thing I have done is I stopped eating sugar and added exercise which I do 4 to 5 days a week depending on how I am feeling. Now having said that have you considered that you may be building muscle? Muscle weighs more then fat does so it will appear that you are putting weight on when Infact your not. Hang in there it will be ok. You know we are here if you need us plus I see that Gwyn is calling you, let her talk you down honey. It's not as bad as you think. (((((HUGS)))))
Old 09-26-2010, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I want to just cry. Last Sunday I had FINALLY lost weight. My pants were drooping off me, I tried the same pair on this morning they still are but I wonder if the are that way from the weight I lost before and just didn't realize they were big until lat week. Since I did well last week I ate the EXACT same way this week, weighed and measured, my 3 meals and 3 snacks. I made sure what I chose had the least calories. Brown rice has less the white sames goes for whole wheat pasta less calories then reg, And I GAINED yes that is right everything the same not a cheat nothing and I GAINED 3 lbs. I am so disgusted. I feel like saying SH*T on this and forget about the diet, eat brownies and what ever else I want to. What difference does it make??????????? To get healthy???????? I will never be healthy. So why begrudge myself foods I like no, no, foods I love to not lose but gain?????????? And honestly will losing weight prolong life?????? I think not when you are born God stamps your butt with an expiration date. So if you are young or old, fat or skinny, sick or healthy when God wants you home he will take you.
Tru, I eat less than a 1000 calories most days and exercise everyday. I have gained three pounds, and have not lost a thing in two weeks. It really eats away at me, but I am trying to think it is my body just adjusting to the changes I make.

It could be water retention, you're building muscle, you hit a plateau. Who knows. Don't trust you scale.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
I want to just cry. Last Sunday I had FINALLY lost weight. My pants were drooping off me, I tried the same pair on this morning they still are but I wonder if the are that way from the weight I lost before and just didn't realize they were big until lat week. Since I did well last week I ate the EXACT same way this week, weighed and measured, my 3 meals and 3 snacks. I made sure what I chose had the least calories. Brown rice has less the white sames goes for whole wheat pasta less calories then reg, And I GAINED yes that is right everything the same not a cheat nothing and I GAINED 3 lbs. I am so disgusted. I feel like saying SH*T on this and forget about the diet, eat brownies and what ever else I want to. What difference does it make??????????? To get healthy???????? I will never be healthy. So why begrudge myself foods I like no, no, foods I love to not lose but gain?????????? And honestly will losing weight prolong life?????? I think not when you are born God stamps your butt with an expiration date. So if you are young or old, fat or skinny, sick or healthy when God wants you home he will take you.
Tru, I eat less than a 1000 calories most days and exercise everyday. I have gained three pounds, and have not lost a thing in two weeks. It really eats away at me, but I am trying to think it is my body just adjusting to the changes I make.

It could be water retention, you're building muscle, you hit a plateau. Who knows. Don't trust you scale.
Could it be that you are not getting enough calories? My nutritionist has said many times that anything for a woman below 1200 is too low and could cause your body to start to conserve the fat as if you were in the starvation mode. Maybe adding a few more calories might help jump start you back into losing. I know it seems like an oxymoron but it really works. What is your water intake? Lots of water helps to flush the fat too. Those are just a few ideas I had.

One thing I know for sure is that I do not want you to give up! You are an amazing person and I feel so blessed to know you. Hang in there my friend!

Missy
Old 09-26-2010, 12:02 PM

None of us think you are posting too much, if you are getting paranoid that you might be posting to much just pop a pill you'll be ok............i say this with love.
I agree, Missy.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
None of us think you are posting too much, if you are getting paranoid that you might be posting to much just pop a pill you'll be ok............i say this with love.
I agree, Missy.
Thank you Donna. You guys are the best!

Missy
Old 09-26-2010, 03:03 PM

SWING DANCING CLASS STARTS TOMORROW!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

lol Sorry, I'm just really excited. :mrgreen:
Old 09-26-2010, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo

That sounds so exciting!!! Have a great time!

Missy
Old 09-26-2010, 03:25 PM

What a great time you will have. My hubby and I do swing.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by dgrindey

What a great time you will have. My hubby and I do swing.
You do? Awesome!!! We're going to learn East Coast Swing.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:49 PM

Well today was weigh day for me and I am glad to say that I have lost 11 pounds and I can really tell it in my clothes. I do not post much on this thread but I just want to tell you all that I do read it and enjoy what you all have to say. I have not met any of you but thru this I feel that I know you. Trupeach I dont mean to sound gross but sometimes if I am dieting my BM's get irregular so I drink some hot super dieters tea about ever other night and it really helps. Did you hear that when Elvis died he had 25 pounds of "poop" in him? KEEP REGULAR.