Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-25-2010, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Oh Missy I don't believe you need to apologize to us for anything! I have often felt like I should apologize because I don't post very often at all, I feel like I should have more to offer. But we all post at the level we can manage. For myself, I enjoy reading all the posts and learning something new every day. It isn't always about weight loss, but neither is my life. I read the email about the drop in program, twice actually, and thought it was interesting, and well written. I don't usually have the energy to spend time with my sisters/girlfriends, so I visit here instead. So . . . keep those posts coming!
LaurieJo,

Thank you so much! Sometimes I get a little paranoid that I am posting too much or the wrong thing. I am glad you do not think I am overdoing it.

I really am glad we have this place to be. It is a great place.

Missy
Old 09-25-2010, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Hi everyone. Guess what I lost 4lbs. Yay!! That makes 5lbs. plus the 2 I put on for a total of 7 lbs. this month. Taking the sugar away has made a big difference. I tried a piece of chocolate the other day and I didn't like it, it tasted aweful. LOL.
I don't see any reason for anybody to be apologizing for posting too much or too little. We all have busy lives to lead. If you post a lot it makes for good reading. Missy you have a very interesting life and I like to read about it.
I don't post too much because everytime I am on here little man always needs something as soon as I start to post. So mostly I just do a lot of reading and minor posting.
Happy losing to you all.
Way to go cjo!!! That is a great loss!

I have an interesting life? I really hadn't thought about it like that. LOL

Well you just tell little man that we say hello to him when he is asking for mommy's attention!

Thank you for being so sweet!

Missy
Old 09-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
I am so so proud of everyone! Whether you have lost or gained, you are sticking with it and I think that is wonderful!! Sometimes for me I try to think about it as not the end result but the joy of the journey.

I could not be happier that I found this thread back in May or was it June? I cannot remember. That is what old age does to a person. LOL!!

I hope everyone enjoys this last weekend in September. Ir is GORGEOUS here. It is only 56 right now and is only supposed to be 70. Yay! The Fall is just so amazing.

I do need to apologize to everyone. I am sorry that I have sent so many posts in to the group. I am also sorry that I sent in that email that I wrote about the drop-in program. I should not have burdened you guys with that. So so sorry guys!!

Well, I do wish everyone well today and I sure hope this is a great weekend for all! Please take care and post when you can!!

Missy
Why are you apologizing I didn't see anything wrong that you posted the e-mail. If anyone had a problem that you posted it then they should get a life!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2010, 12:53 PM

These are not diet but I wonder if one of you ladies could help me remake this recipe so that it would be better for us? I really love these cupcakes in the Fall. What do you all think?

Missy

Caramel Apple Cupcakes

Ingredients:

1 package (18-1/4 ounces) spice cake mix or 1 package (18 ounces) carrot cake mix
2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
20 caramels
3 tablespoons milk
1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
12 Popsicle sticks

Directions
-Prepare cake batter according to package directions; fold in apples.
-Fill 12 greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups three-fourths full.

-Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out
clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.

-In a saucepan, cook the caramels and milk over low heat until smooth.

-Spread over cupcakes. Sprinkle with pecans. Insert a wooden stick into the center of each cupcake.

Yield: 1 dozen.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-90753.jpe  
Old 09-25-2010, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
I am so so proud of everyone! Whether you have lost or gained, you are sticking with it and I think that is wonderful!! Sometimes for me I try to think about it as not the end result but the joy of the journey.

I could not be happier that I found this thread back in May or was it June? I cannot remember. That is what old age does to a person. LOL!!

I hope everyone enjoys this last weekend in September. Ir is GORGEOUS here. It is only 56 right now and is only supposed to be 70. Yay! The Fall is just so amazing.

I do need to apologize to everyone. I am sorry that I have sent so many posts in to the group. I am also sorry that I sent in that email that I wrote about the drop-in program. I should not have burdened you guys with that. So so sorry guys!!

Well, I do wish everyone well today and I sure hope this is a great weekend for all! Please take care and post when you can!!

Missy
Why are you apologizing I didn't see anything wrong that you posted the e-mail. If anyone had a problem that you posted it then they should get a life!!!!!!!!!
Oh thank you so much Tru! You guys really are the best!!

Missy
Old 09-25-2010, 01:57 PM
Banned

None of us think you are posting too much, if you are getting paranoid that you might be posting to much just pop a pill you'll be ok............i say this with love.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
None of us think you are posting too much, if you are getting paranoid that you might be posting to much just pop a pill you'll be ok............i say this with love.
Okay Tru. Consider the pill popped! :):):):)

And, Tru, I love you too!

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-91785.jpe  
Old 09-26-2010, 06:17 AM
Banned

I want to just cry. Last Sunday I had FINALLY lost weight. My pants were drooping off me, I tried the same pair on this morning they still are but I wonder if the are that way from the weight I lost before and just didn't realize they were big until lat week. Since I did well last week I ate the EXACT same way this week, weighed and measured, my 3 meals and 3 snacks. I made sure what I chose had the least calories. Brown rice has less the white sames goes for whole wheat pasta less calories then reg, And I GAINED yes that is right everything the same not a cheat nothing and I GAINED 3 lbs. I am so disgusted. I feel like saying SH*T on this and forget about the diet, eat brownies and what ever else I want to. What difference does it make??????????? To get healthy???????? I will never be healthy. So why begrudge myself foods I like no, no, foods I love to not lose but gain?????????? And honestly will losing weight prolong life?????? I think not when you are born God stamps your butt with an expiration date. So if you are young or old, fat or skinny, sick or healthy when God wants you home he will take you.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:26 AM

Hang on...I have to go get my phone...
Old 09-26-2010, 06:31 AM

trupeach *hugs* I've had those days too. DON't give up or give in. Lots and lots of hugs your way.