Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-26-2010, 04:52 PM

OK...What is super dieter's tea? I might need some of this stuff~! lol
Old 09-26-2010, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
OK...What is super dieter's tea? I might need some of this stuff~! lol
The name of the tea is Laci Le Beau Super Dieters Tea. I get it at Wal Mart. It is usually on the top shelf above all the other teas.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:03 PM

It is tea bags and it comes in cinnamon spice and lemon and more but those are the only ones I can remember and I like both of them
Old 09-26-2010, 05:18 PM

earlier on in the month I was only eating 1000 calories a day and I stayed the same. I've started to eat about 1240 and now am loosing again. I think you have a point Missy, at least that's how it worked for me.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by BettyB
Well today was weigh day for me and I am glad to say that I have lost 11 pounds and I can really tell it in my clothes. I do not post much on this thread but I just want to tell you all that I do read it and enjoy what you all have to say. I have not met any of you but thru this I feel that I know you. Trupeach I dont mean to sound gross but sometimes if I am dieting my BM's get irregular so I drink some hot super dieters tea about ever other night and it really helps. Did you hear that when Elvis died he had 25 pounds of "poop" in him? KEEP REGULAR.
11 pounds, that's great!
Old 09-26-2010, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by bronald
earlier on in the month I was only eating 1000 calories a day and I stayed the same. I've started to eat about 1240 and now am loosing again. I think you have a point Missy, at least that's how it worked for me.
I averaged 931 calories a day this month. My exercise routine burns about 350 calories daily at my target weight of 125. And a bit more at my current weigt. I was at 1200, but I took a hefty reduction in calories due to medication. My medication slows my metabolism, so in order to lose, I needed to lower my calories. I'm afraid to increase my calories as I don't want to gain. I do have one day a week where I eat more, last week I went up to 1,600+ calories for that day. Most of the time I'm not hungry, I eat a lot of salads, apples, and veggies. They fill you up.

I was down 8 pounds by the 17th,but I have gained 3 the next day and stayed here for the last two weeks.

But on the positive, I'm down from a 20w/ 22w to a 16/16w. I have given about a dozen pairs of pants to a charity thrift. My shoes are also getting to big for me, I gave away two pairs, and threw away a third pair because they no longer fit. I am now wearing clothes that I wore about 10 years ago. I had gotten rid of most of them, but I kept a few timeless pieces, that I really liked. I lost weight so fast this summer that I skipped over my size 18's. Some of the clothes I had I can still wear, they just look better. And some of my t-shirts I use for exercising and they now sag on me.

I can't buy new clothes yet, I have to save a bit first. I thought I would go down and have a a few pieces altered. That doesn't cost as much as new. I don't really want to make a big investment in a lot of clothes as I need to get to a 10/12, and I can't afford to buy a new wardrobe now and again then. But I will have to buy new bras here pretty soon.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
SWING DANCING CLASS STARTS TOMORROW!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

lol Sorry, I'm just really excited. :mrgreen:
HOW FUN! Let us know all about it.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Originally Posted by bronald
I averaged 931 calories a day this month. My exercise routine burns about 350 calories daily at my target weight of 125. And a bit more at my current weigt. I was at 1200, but I took a hefty reduction in calories due to medication. My medication slows my metabolism, so in order to lose, I needed to lower my calories. I'm afraid to increase my calories as I don't want to gain. I do have one day a week where I eat more, last week I went up to 1,600+ calories for that day. Most of the time I'm not hungry, I eat a lot of salads, apples, and veggies. They fill you up.

I was down 8 pounds by the 17th,but I have gained 3 the next day and stayed here for the last two weeks.

But on the positive, I'm down from a 20w/ 22w to a 16/16w. I have given about a dozen pairs of pants to a charity thrift. My shoes are also getting to big for me, I gave away two pairs, and threw away a third pair because they no longer fit. I am now wearing clothes that I wore about 10 years ago. I had gotten rid of most of them, but I kept a few timeless pieces, that I really liked. I lost weight so fast this summer that I skipped over my size 18's. Some of the clothes I had I can still wear, they just look better. And some of my t-shirts I use for exercising and they now sag on me.

I can't buy new clothes yet, I have to save a bit first. I thought I would go down and have a a few pieces altered. That doesn't cost as much as new. I don't really want to make a big investment in a lot of clothes as I need to get to a 10/12, and I can't afford to buy a new wardrobe now and again then. But I will have to buy new bras here pretty soon.
Congrats, girl.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:12 PM

To all how are doing so well Congratulations! Tru please don't be disappointed with this last week I have been playing with five pounds for the past two months. Down one week then up the next. I think it's the exercise and water intake or maybe just being female. Whatever the reason we have to keep trying. God puts challenges to us to make us stronger. Make him proud and keep on working on the new you! Stepping down from soapbox. I say this with love in my heart.
Gail
Old 09-26-2010, 11:14 PM

Missy you keep up the posts. I love to hear from you.
Gail