Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-29-2010, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
I know this is off topic but isn't anyone doing Secret Santa???????
I am!!!!

Missy
GOOOOOODDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYY GGGGGOOOOOODDDDDDYYYYY GUM DROPS!!!!!!!! it will be really lots of fun with people from this thread I feel I know all of you guy so much better and could tease you all TONS!!!!!!!!!!
I am straight-laced person and with me having zero personality and no sense of humor you would nothing to tease me about. hehehe!!!

Missy

RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missy I didn't see you on the Secret Santa sign up thread, did you do it???????
Yes I sure did!!

Missy
Old 09-29-2010, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
Originally Posted by newquilter10
I have not won either, only lost three pounds, maybe next month will lose more. Do we check here where to send the FQ?
When I post the winner on Oct 1 you will have to PM them for their contact info.
Trupeach, Am I misunderstanding something? Are each of us supposed to send the winner an FQ? When I read newquilter's comment, it kind of sounded like we were supposed to send an FQ.
If we are, I didn't do it last month. Please clear this up for me. Thanks much. Donna
Yes each person sends a FQ to the winner. If there were 50 people signed up she should have received 50 FQ's. It is not my job to keep track of who is sending the winner the FQ's but it seem most months the winner is not getting the amount of FQ as compaired to the people signed up.
The winner last month was candlequilter you should PM her for her contact info and send it to her.

OMG! I will send it to her. What was the theme for last month? Thanks, trupeach.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:21 PM
Banned

I have not won either, only lost three pounds, maybe next month will lose more. Do we check here where to send the FQ?
When I post the winner on Oct 1 you will have to PM them for their contact info.
Trupeach, Am I misunderstanding something? Are each of us supposed to send the winner an FQ? When I read newquilter's comment, it kind of sounded like we were supposed to send an FQ.
If we are, I didn't do it last month. Please clear this up for me. Thanks much. Donna
Yes each person sends a FQ to the winner. If there were 50 people signed up she should have received 50 FQ's. It is not my job to keep track of who is sending the winner the FQ's but it seem most months the winner is not getting the amount of FQ as compaired to the people signed up.
The winner last month was candlequilter you should PM her for her contact info and send it to her.

OMG! I will send it to her. What was the theme for last month? Thanks, trupeach.
OMG what was the theme I don't remember. I think it was food but I am not sure. If you don't have food as always send what you have.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:27 PM

OMG what was the theme I don't remember. I think it was food but I am not sure. If you don't have food as always send what you have.
ok--thanks much
Old 09-29-2010, 07:27 PM

Yup. It was food.

Missy
Old 09-29-2010, 11:26 PM

Lost 5 lbs this month
Old 09-30-2010, 12:10 AM
Banned

Tru, you asked me to let you know how many of the 79 FQs for August I ended up receiving. So I just did a count and of the 79 people that signed up I actually received 39 FQs so you were correct that only about 50% of the people end up sending their FQs.

I look forward to seeing who the September winner is so that I can send her my FQ since I ended up gaining back some while having fun in sunny Maui. I had a wonderful vacation so I can't feel to bad, but back at it in October.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter
Old 09-30-2010, 03:07 AM

I'm down 7.6 lbs. I'm happy with that ..... a steady 1-2 lbs a week. :thumbup:

What do I do about sending the FQ to the winner?

Now .... bring on October!! :-D
Old 09-30-2010, 03:30 AM

*Sings* I JUST WANT TO CELEBRATE! *twirls around & asks* "Do I look thinner?"

I finally hit 10#s woohoot! I'm work'n hard at NOT thinking about how much more I need to loose, or how little I've lost compared to many of you all. I'm down 10#s and counting. I'm exercising more. I'm eating healthier. My pants aren't digging 2" in to my tummy. It's all good & it's gonna keep on get'n better!

Total weight loss: 10#s

As of 30Sep2010: 183.6
As of 5Sep2010: 185.8
As of 29Aug2010: 187.2
As of 22Aug2010: 187.2
As of 15Aug2010: 189.2
As of 8Aug2010: 189.4
As of 1Aug2010: 193.8
Old 09-30-2010, 03:46 AM

Well I took a nother shot at it and lost 4.3# not bad. Its good because I have not given up it took 26 years to put on all this weight so it should take me a while to get it all back off. So in looking at it that way I have won! woo hoo for me and all of us that have lost or maintained! Good luck to all next month, and CONGRATS to the biggest loser for WINNING! Happy quilting with your goodies.