Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-11-2010, 07:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sahm4605
tru, you might need to increase your protein intake. I find that if i eat a lot of protein then i start to loose more weight. and I have to stay away from dairy. it just packs the lbs on to me. and eating dark greens helps me also. i eat chicken and beef and it helps, as long as i stay away from dairy and carbs i do better loosing weight. you might be the same way.
I have to make some hard boiled eggs, if I need a snack that's better then cheese which has more calories. I think I lost something this week as my pants feel baggy. I will know tomorrow when I get weighed.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:29 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by cjomomma
I am up 2 pounds. ;(. My hip and arm have quit hurting so maybe Monday I can start my work out routine again. Yay. Wish me luck!!
I thought you shouldn't be eating brownies while you exercised.
But the brownies make the exercise so worth while.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:49 AM
Banned

I am up 2 pounds. ;(. My hip and arm have quit hurting so maybe Monday I can start my work out routine again. Yay. Wish me luck!!
You're right so pass me one and PLEASE top it with whipped cream.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:53 AM

Okay guys. It is Saturday morning and I am about to do something sinful. I am about to go into the kitchen and make the chocolate cupcakes with the nutella frosting.

I am going to try and have my mom take some pictures of me making them and then the final results. Right now she is still sleeping so she couldn't do it now BUT I could just take pictures of the final result. We will see though.

What makes this doubly sinful is that I am going to take them with me when Mike and I go on a picnic tomorrow. Yeah. I know. Not good. *sigh*

I am not sure what I am going to make for our picnic lunch. I was thinking of fruit and something else but I am not sure what. I want it to be healthy and yummy. I do not want any mayo laden foods like potato salad or cole slaw. What do you think about me making those chicken cheesy eggrolls? I posted the recipe on Thursday. I am just not sure what to make. I want it to be good, healthy and maybe a bit romantic. Any ideas?

Oh. Last night, my parents, my sister, my nephew and Mike and I went out to dinner to celebrate my sister's birthday. Mike had such a great time. So did I. When I took him home last night he was holding my hand and looked at me in the eye and said, "Missy you complete me." HOW VERY SWEET WAS THAT????? Oh my goodness. I like him BIG. It is almost electrifying when he holds my hand. Just amazing. I have never felt like this before. I am just so happy right now!

Well I hope that everyone is doing good today. I am so thankful for y'all!

Oh. Monday I weigh in again at the hospital. I am not as nervous as I usually am because I can tell in my clothes that I am losing. Last night as I was walking around, my pants started to slip off. It was a weird but exciting!

Well, let me know what you think about the picnic food. Thanks guys!

Missy
Old 09-11-2010, 07:54 AM

You're right so pass me one and PLEASE top it with whipped cream.
Hey hey HEY! Don't leave me out of the brownie passing! I want some too!!

Missy
Old 09-11-2010, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by sahm4605
tru, you might need to increase your protein intake. I find that if i eat a lot of protein then i start to loose more weight. and I have to stay away from dairy. it just packs the lbs on to me. and eating dark greens helps me also. i eat chicken and beef and it helps, as long as i stay away from dairy and carbs i do better loosing weight. you might be the same way.
I have to make some hard boiled eggs, if I need a snack that's better then cheese which has more calories. I think I lost something this week as my pants feel baggy. I will know tomorrow when I get weighed.
I have my fingers crossed for you Tru!

Missy
Old 09-11-2010, 08:25 AM

I think big strawberries arranged on a plate would be romantic. Dip a few (3) in chocolate for him. Also, some dark brown bread, sliced thin (you could have about4 slices), with small amounts of different cheeses would work. Some beautiful large grapes on a green vine to 'share', for a drink - sparkling water, really cold, with a lemon slice twisted in wine glasses.

Think Anthony &Cleopatra or Lancelot & Gwenovere.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
I think big strawberries arranged on a plate would be romantic. Dip a few (3) in chocolate for him. Also, some dark brown bread, sliced thin (you could have about4 slices), with small amounts of different cheeses would work. Some beautiful large grapes on a green vine to 'share', for a drink - sparkling water, really cold, with a lemon slice twisted in wine glasses.

Think Anthony &Cleopatra or Lancelot & Gwenovere.
Aww that does sound romantic! I love it Gwyn!

Missy
Old 09-11-2010, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Oh. Monday I weigh in again at the hospital. I am not as nervous as I usually am because I can tell in my clothes that I am losing. Last night as I was walking around, my pants started to slip off. It was a weird but exciting!

Missy
It might have been more exiting if Mike was there when they started to slip off! :wink:
Old 09-11-2010, 09:03 AM

My neighbor is trying to lose weight and she saw me cycling the other day so we went out today and rode about a mile. She wants to get started because of all the weight I have lost (gleeful smile.)

It sure made me feel good to have someone notice I have lost weight. It doesn't seem like it to me. I know I have gone down, but it doesn't seem like much when I look at how much weight I need to lose. I keep it to a monthly goal, which I haven't meet yet, but at least I can visualize what I need to do. A weekly weight loss goal is to short a span for me. It depresses me to get on the scale and only see I have lost a pound or two, or worse yet gained three!

I weight almost daily, it's the sadist in me, but I am trying to look at the long term. As of today I am down 35 pounds and I have 40 to go. When I reach that goal, I will look at losing another 25. If I don't that's OK, I'll be heavier than I should weigh, but at least I will be healthier than when I started this journey.

In addition, I hope I have learned eating habits and a exercise routine that I can live with. Once I hit the 75 pounds, I plan on enacting a maintenance program. I will cut back on exercising to 3 or 4 times a week, and slowly add food back into my diet, to increase my calories.