Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-08-2010, 04:35 AM

Thanks Missy, I have seen those at the Acme but hesitated to spend the cash. Only so much in the grocery budget since my hours have been cut back.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:42 AM
Banned

So funny people are all gung ho when they sign up on this thread then within a week it is back to the same few people posting. So if it goes off course and people complain that we are not sticking to the diet subject then maybe they should post.

So Missy how are things with Mike and Russ? What did your mom say that you cleaned up the place?
Old 09-08-2010, 05:51 AM

I never realized it was a requirement to post just because I signed up. All I was asked to do was post my beginning & ending weights.

Originally Posted by trupeach1
So funny people are all gung ho when they sign up on this thread then within a week it is back to the same few people posting. So if it goes off course and people complain that we are not sticking to the diet subject then maybe they should post.

So Missy how are things with Mike and Russ? What did your mom say that you cleaned up the place?
Old 09-08-2010, 05:58 AM

I rarely ever post anything because I have very little time to do so but I do follow all the tips, receipes etc that you all post. I did post something once but only one lovely person responded with some helpful advice that I really appreciated. I guess I will try and post a little more.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:05 AM

Oh Tru! Things are going so well between me and Mike. He is the most precious and darling person I have ever known. Seriously. Mom loves him and so does the rest of my family.

Russ is a hoot. He has Downs and is just adorable. He wanted to go over to Mike's yesterday but Mike told him that yesterday was just for me and Mike alone. We had the greatest time. He ordered food for us and we watched LadyHawke. It was so romantic. Then he came over here after the movie was over and he had dinner with us and we talked and talked with my mom and my sister Lisa.

Basically, in a nutshell, things are absolutely AWESOME between us. I like him BIG!

Missy
Old 09-08-2010, 06:13 AM

after my fall of the wagon I have done good this week. Hubby being helpful knowing I have been down in the dumps a bit bought a bag of Hersheys for me. I was good. had two and put the rest in the freezer.

Missy just getting to know you but sounds like things are really going great for you.

Betty congrats on the 5 pound loss. Happy dance for you. I am fighting getting on the scale till monday. my weigh in day.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by grannie-k
after my fall of the wagon I have done good this week. Hubby being helpful knowing I have been down in the dumps a bit bought a bag of Hersheys for me. I was good. had two and put the rest in the freezer.

Missy just getting to know you but sounds like things are really going great for you.

Betty congrats on the 5 pound loss. Happy dance for you. I am fighting getting on the scale till monday. my weigh in day.
What a sweet hubby you have! He was trying to make you feel better and you did good by putting them in the freezer. Yay for you!

Yeah. Things are going great right now. I heart life big!

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-113640.jpe  
Old 09-08-2010, 06:41 AM

Missy I love the pictures you find to add to your posts. They always make me smile.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:51 AM

I have been reading everyones posts. I have been trying to change my life style for a long time and have got very serious in the last few months.
I have lost 29 lbs. since May26 and my goal is 140 by Mar. I use the web site http://www.livestrong.com I find it very helpful you can track all your cal.,carbs,fat,sodium,fiber and protien. It can be helpful if you are diabetic, have heart problems or just want to see what you are eating. You put in your age, weight, height and how much you would like to loose in a week. It tells you how many cal. you should eat in a day. It also tells you how much of the other nutrients you should have.
As a vegetarian people always ask me how I get my protien. I always tell them theres protien in everything. This program really showed me this is true.I am always way over on my protien and fiber.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by grannie-k
Missy I love the pictures you find to add to your posts. They always make me smile.
Oh thank you! I love pictures!

Missy