Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-08-2010, 08:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kuntryquilter
I never realized it was a requirement to post just because I signed up. All I was asked to do was post my beginning & ending weights.]
You don't!!!!!!!!!!!! I was making a point as I have had people who never post on this thread complain that this is a weight loss thread and that they don't want to have to read unrelated comments posted. We sometimes have general chit chat not related to dieting. I wasn't pointing finger and it doesn't matter who posts and who doesn't it just people shouldn't complain if we get off topic.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ljs317
I rarely ever post anything because I have very little time to do so but I do follow all the tips, receipes etc that you all post. I did post something once but only one lovely person responded with some helpful advice that I really appreciated. I guess I will try and post a little more.
Please read above post that I wrote pertaining to people posting on this thread.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:39 AM

So sorry trupeach1! I really appreciate all that you do to keep everything and everyone organized and all of the tips you share in this our parallel journey to a common goal of better health through weight loss.
Hope your day is "peachy" keen and keep up the great work.
Lisa
Old 09-08-2010, 09:59 AM

well ladies, my first week and nothing. not one lbs lost. I am so bummed. But I am going to keep pressing on. I am so excited. I got to go work out today and I checked the class schedule at the gym and they are starting a pil-yo class. It is great for people who want to loose weight without turning into a body builder. And for those of us with arthritis in the joints. if you can stand and bend for the most part you can do this. sorry if I don't post that much but with two kids and having to get ready for jury duty next week I am tight on time.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:32 AM

I am a vintage nut, especially for the 1940's. Anyway, I was researching "UK war rationing" this past week and I found a book called The Ration Diet, or something like that. The authors basically use the foods that were allowed during the WWII weekly ration in the UK to make a diet menu. People claim they have lost weight using this diet (no kidding) and I'm really tempted to try it. What do you think? One year of eating like I was on rations. Could it be so bad?
Old 09-08-2010, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
I am a vintage nut, especially for the 1940's. Anyway, I was researching "UK war rationing" this past week and I found a book called The Ration Diet, or something like that. The authors basically use the foods that were allowed during the WWII weekly ration in the UK to make a diet menu. People claim they have lost weight using this diet (no kidding) and I'm really tempted to try it. What do you think? One year of eating like I was on rations. Could it be so bad?
Sounds interesting. Post the web site so we can make opinions of this diet.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:13 PM

One week down, three to go - and I'm down 3 pounds so far! Here's hoping the nice weather holds, so I can get out and walk, walk, walk and burn off some more!
Old 09-08-2010, 12:14 PM

Bummer I have actually managed to gain half a pound. The stress here has been tremendous with my mother. She really needs mood stabilizing meds but wont take them. Huge fight yesterday when I said things to her that I havent said since I was about 18. Sad thing is that I meant every mean thing I said.

I have been eating like crazy. Had an iced brownie for lunch.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:17 PM

Week one and down two. I'm back in compliance with weight watchers and they say that averaging two pounds a week is optimum. Those who lose much more than that, studies show, are more likely to regain. However, it is common to lose more than that the first few weeks when a lot of water is being lost. Hang in there ladies. Don't forget those veggies and fruits of varying colors. I've been substituting various types of beans and green lentils in soups and salads to keep the protein levels up but without the animal fat. I have hypoglycemia and if I don't get protein at least three times a day I have a blood sugar crash and that's bad news. Hence, cereal without some nuts or some other source of protein with it will result in a cave in by 10:30 in the morning.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by seamstome
Bummer I have actually managed to gain half a pound. The stress here has been tremendous with my mother. She really needs mood stabilizing meds but wont take them. Huge fight yesterday when I said things to her that I havent said since I was about 18. Sad thing is that I meant every mean thing I said.

I have been eating like crazy. Had an iced brownie for lunch.
I am so sorry your stress level is so high right now. Thinking of you and sending you hugs and patience . If you want you can send the iced brownie to me. I will keep it from you :-D