Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-08-2010, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by seamstome
Bummer I have actually managed to gain half a pound. The stress here has been tremendous with my mother. She really needs mood stabilizing meds but wont take them. Huge fight yesterday when I said things to her that I havent said since I was about 18. Sad thing is that I meant every mean thing I said.

I have been eating like crazy. Had an iced brownie for lunch.
she might need to have her hormone levels checked. I know that when my mom had to go off the hormone replacement therapy for menopause she was crazy nuts and a real emotional wreck. thank goodness she is back on them now.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:39 PM

Howdy Howdy Howdy!!

I just got home from running some errands. The first was me and mom dropping off the food I made for the IMPACT team. I made a HUGE amount of baked whole wheat penne pasta with fresh homemade sauce and low fat mozz cheese, garlic breadsticks and salad. I sure hope they liked it!

After I dropped that off, mom and I went to Hill City to drop off the two quilts I made for another show this weekend. So many shows, so many quilts. I love it that they like my work and want to display it but sometimes I feel a bit overwhelmed by the requests. These two quilts will be sent to Haiti for the earthquake victims after the show this weekend.

Then after that we went to lunch. We had ham salad on a bed of lettuce. Yummy. Only 250 calories.

Then we went to the grocery store and I bought more fruit (I shop for my produce three times a week) and veggies plus the stuff to make a raspberry cake for my sister. Her birthday is Friday. Mom and I will make the cake on Friday morning and then we will all go out to dinner and home for cake and ice cream. I have some fat free/sugar free vanilla ice cream for me to have with the cake. It is a tiny thing to try and stay on track, know what I mean?

Mike is going to go out to dinner with us on Friday. I am looking forward to that. It should be fun. I am in such like with him!

Well in about 7 minutes I have to leave to go get my nephew from school.

I hope everyone is having a great day. It is GAWJESS here today. Right now it is 81 but we woke up this morning to 45 degrees. I so love it.

Oh, there is a new fruit offered here called a Cherum. It is a hybrid of a cherry and a plum. THEY ARE YUMMY! A bit spendy but I love fruit and eat so much of it that I thought I could shake up my routine a bit.

I had watermelon for breakfast and a bowl of oatmeal. Lots of water too.

Anyways. I am done with my blabbing for the moment. Be back soon!

Oh. I am so glad to hear from those that don't post often. Keep on keeping on!

Missy
Old 09-08-2010, 12:43 PM

Missy, girl I need to go home and take a nap after ready about your day!

congrats on your quilts too. What an honor.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:27 PM

Thanks for the kind words. It isnt hormones or anythingelse, she just throws temper tantrums like a 2 year old when she doesnt get her way. She threw one for 10 hours yesterday. Swearing and throwing things at people. The rest of my family allows it but I wont take it and she found that out yesterday.

My parents are basically on a grown up time out. When she apologizes and treats us with respect, then I will step up to help again. Until then, they can sit in their little apartment all by themselves. They are safe unless they do something stupid.

This war of wills might go on awhile. When I was younger, it went on for six months but until the other day she didnt pull this garbage with me for about 35 years.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Banned

I am so pissed...........I was checking out the board and went to stir the cream of broccoli soup I am making for dinner. I came back and wrote how I did the last few days. I wrote recipes for the food I made today it was as long as a novel and after all of that I clicked send and it posted on the SQA thread by mistake. I was there not here. Now I don't feel like re writing all of it ggggggggrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by grannie-k
Missy, girl I need to go home and take a nap after ready about your day!

congrats on your quilts too. What an honor.
Hehe! You are funny.

Yeah. They kinda like my work. I am going to be making several stained glass quilts this fall for Christmas presents. I really love the way they come together. It is deceptively easy and fast.

I am going to probably do two or three lap quilts also for Christmas. I have to start now in order to get everything done.

I did buy all my grandkids and my nephews Christmas presents this weekend from ToysRUs.com. They should arrive this week. They had a HUGE sale online this past weekend with free shipping. So, anything that will keep me out of the store is a good thing. Sheesh. That place gives me the willies.

Next month, I will shop for my siiblings and then in November I will shop for my parents and in December I will shop for my friends. That is how I do it.

When Zachary got in my truck at the bus stop this afternoon (he is my nephew btw), the first thing he did was tell me I needed to buy 10 3-pound tubs of cookie dough so he can get a cheeseburger telephone. *rolls eyes* I swear that boy is out to keep me fat. LOL

Okay. Say, just for S&G, that I actually buy the ten tubs. Where in the name of all things that are yummy will I put 30 pounds of cookie dough??. *shakes head* I think mom would blow an artery if I did that. The evil, wicked person that I sometimes act like would get a kick out of telling her I did that and then seeing her reaction. I am not called a Poohead for nothing. I have EARNED that title. LMAO!!

So, dinner tonight. I am making a chicken pasta salad. I will cook the chicken tenderloins in chicken broth and then rough chop them. Then I will cook some whole wheat farfalle (bowtie) pasta. Combine the chicken, pasta, red onions, red/yellow/orange bell peppers, cucumbers, grape tomatoes and shredded carrots. Top with fat free zesty italian dressing and voila DINNER.

I am doing what is referred to as a Bake and Blog event this weekend. I am going to be making sour cream chocolate cupcakes from scratch with nutella frosting.

Oh. My. Gawd. You people have no idea. They are out of the freaking world with goodness. I am thinking of saving up my calories so I can eat one but I dunno. We will see.

During and after the baking process my mom will be photographing me so I can post the photos with me doing the baking stuff and then post it with my thoughts on the process and the recipe. Then I will backlink it to the originator of this event.

I think it will be fun. I recently deleted my old blog and started a new one so this will be a fun way to get my readers into the baking game.

Anyway. I know what you are thinking. Blah blah blah Missy. Blah blah blah Missy. Yeah. I'm done now.

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-113771.jpe  
Old 09-08-2010, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I am so pissed...........I was checking out the board and went to stir the cream of broccoli soup I am making for dinner. I came back and wrote how I did the last few days. I wrote recipes for the food I made today it was as long as a novel and after all of that I clicked send and it posted on the SQA thread by mistake. I was there not here. Now I don't feel like re writing all of it ggggggggrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
Oh Tru! You are not the only one that has senior moments. Just click on edit and copy your post then come back here and paste it and post it on this thread. No biggie. No new typing needed.

Deep breath. In. Now out. Good job.

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-113777.png  
Old 09-08-2010, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by grandme26
Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
I am a vintage nut, especially for the 1940's. Anyway, I was researching "UK war rationing" this past week and I found a book called The Ration Diet, or something like that. The authors basically use the foods that were allowed during the WWII weekly ration in the UK to make a diet menu. People claim they have lost weight using this diet (no kidding) and I'm really tempted to try it. What do you think? One year of eating like I was on rations. Could it be so bad?
Sounds interesting. Post the web site so we can make opinions of this diet.
http://rationbookdiet.com/
Old 09-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by seamstome
Bummer I have actually managed to gain half a pound. The stress here has been tremendous with my mother. She really needs mood stabilizing meds but wont take them. Huge fight yesterday when I said things to her that I havent said since I was about 18. Sad thing is that I meant every mean thing I said.

I have been eating like crazy. Had an iced brownie for lunch.
I am so sorry for the stress you have been going through. Don't freet over the 1/2 lb once things calm down you will get into the swing of things diet wise.

The iced brownie does sound good. I don't really like sweets but a brownie is one thing I can never say no too.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by grandme26
I am a vintage nut, especially for the 1940's. Anyway, I was researching "UK war rationing" this past week and I found a book called The Ration Diet, or something like that. The authors basically use the foods that were allowed during the WWII weekly ration in the UK to make a diet menu. People claim they have lost weight using this diet (no kidding) and I'm really tempted to try it. What do you think? One year of eating like I was on rations. Could it be so bad?
Sounds interesting. Post the web site so we can make opinions of this diet.
http://rationbookdiet.com/
I have ration books and stamps that were my granny's. The had each persons name on them. The one thing with rations is that in the country people grow their own food so thay had more then what was alloted to them. In the city there was the black market. I think people eat more then what we are are told. A lot more!!!!!!!